Is there a way to use the internal mic with Headphones Mac while using my Apple “Earpods” for sound? When I look at the Sound Preferences without my earbuds plugged in, the internal microphone option is present, but when I plug in my earbuds with a microphone, it disappears.
How to Use Mac Headphones as a Mic
If you need to record audio for your business on your Mac but don’t have a built-in microphone or an external microphone, you can use headphones as an input device. For example, you might want to record a quick voice memo for your assistant or create a sound bite about a new product to post on your company’s website. Microphones and headphones both use vibrating membranes to convert sound into electrical signals and vice versa, so you can record audio by speaking into your headphones in a pinch. To fit into the Mac’s “Line-in” port, your headphones must have a 3.5mm plug.
How to Use Mac Headphones as a Mic
1. Click the Apple logo in the upper left corner of your screen, then select “System Preferences.”
2. Then, at the top of the “Sounds” preferences window, click the “Input” tab.
3. Under “Select a Device for Sound Input,” select “Line In.”
4. Locate the “Audio Line-in” port on the back of your Mac, which is represented by an icon of two triangles connected by a circle. Insert your headphones’ plug into the “Audio Line-in” port. You can now record audio for your business using headphones as a microphone.
How to Change the Audio Input on a Macbook Pro
Whether you’re using an external microphone to record a business meeting or the built-in microphone to capture casual audio around the office, the Sound Preferences dialog on your MacBook Pro lets you easily switch between audio inputs. The built-in stereo microphone on the MacBook Pro is always available for use, and the computer detects external microphones as soon as they are connected.
- Click the Apple menu icon in the top right corner of your MacBook Pro’s screen, then select “System Preferences,” followed by “Sound.”
- In the Sound preferences window, click the “Input” tab.
- Choose “Input” from the “Use audio port for” pull-down menu.
- Select the audio input device you want to use by clicking its name. The available devices are listed under the “Select a device for sound input” heading.
Alternative Video: MacBook Internal Mic vs iPhone Headset Mic
- Can Drivers Wear Headphones? (Answered!)
- Can Wearing Headphones Cause Hair Loss? Read Here
- Do Wired Headphones Emit Radiation? (Quick Answer!)
Connecting a Microphone and Headset to a Computer
Previously, business professionals would use telephones to conference with customers or employees, but applications such as Skype have made it simple for all users to voice and video chat with one another over long distances. A good audio configuration is essential for workers who frequently need to communicate with clients or other business professionals.
Headsets allow users to listen to and talk to others hands-free, but the mouthpieces that come with them aren’t always of the highest quality. You can connect the headset’s speakers to the computer, but you must also connect a separate microphone to the PC to use instead of the headset’s mouthpiece.
- Connect the headset’s headphone connector to the green-colored jack on the back of the desktop PC or the headphone jack on the right or left side of the laptop or netbook.
- Connect the microphone to the pink jack on the back of the desktop computer or the microphone jack on the right or left side of the laptop or netbook.
- To use the headset instead of the computer speakers, go to “Start | Control Panel | Hardware and Sound | Sound.” Select the headset on the Playback tab and then click “Set Default.” “OK” will be displayed.
Connecting a Panasonic Universal iPod Dock to a Receiver
Panasonic sells iPod docking stations, which enable you to charge and listen to music from your iPod device. These Panasonic iPod docking stations can also be connected to your stereo receiver via a mini stereo to RCA adapter cable. Connecting your docking station to your receiver allows you to listen to music from your iPod through the speakers on your stereo, which generally provides better sound reproduction than using the docking station’s built-in speakers.
- Locate the Panasonic docking station’s mini stereo output. This mini stereo output resembles a headphone jack and is typically found on the docking station’s front.
- Connect the adapter cable’s mini stereo end to the docking station’s mini stereo output.
- Connect the adapter cable’s other end to an input on your stereo receiver. Match the colors on the RCA cables to the colors on the inputs on your receiver.
- On your iPod, press the “Play” button.
- Press the “Input” button on your receiver until you hear sound from your iPod playing through the speakers of your stereo.
How to Connect Speakers to Gateway Computers
Your Gateway computer provides the tools you need to make phone calls, listen to music, and watch videos, but you must connect speakers to hear audio. A good set of speakers allows you to add audio to your presentations and amplify your voice during business meetings.
Speakers without a subwoofer connect to the audio jack on the back of your Gateway computer. Some systems include multiple speakers as well as a subwoofer. Connect all of the pieces if you have this type of set to hear audio through each speaker.
- Connect the light green 3.5 mm audio cable from the speaker to the light green audio port on the back of your Gateway computer. When connecting to a Gateway laptop, look for the audio port on the computer’s side.
- Place the speakers to the left and right of your computer monitor.
- Connect the power cable’s round end to the power connector on the back of either the left or right speaker. Connect the power cable’s other end to an electrical outlet.
- To turn on the speakers, press the “Power” button.
- Connect the color-coded speaker cables to the subwoofer’s matching color-coded ports.
- Connect the two ends of the subwoofer cable to the subwoofer’s “Out of PC” connectors. Connect the green and pink connectors on the other end of the subwoofer cable to the computer’s matching color-coded jacks.
- Place the front right and left speakers at ear height to the right and left of the computer monitor. Attach the center channel speaker to the monitor’s top.
- Place surround back right and left speakers at ear level several feet behind your seating position.
- Place the subwoofer under your computer desk on the floor.
- Connect the power cable to the subwoofer’s power connector on the back. Connect the power cable to a power outlet. To turn on the speakers, press the “Power” button on the subwoofer or speaker remote control.
Restarting a Sound Driver
Windows 7 relies on drivers to communicate with the computer’s installed hardware. A device cannot receive instructions from the operating system unless it has a working driver. The Device Manager, which can be accessed via the Control Panel, allows users to manage the drivers installed on their computer.
The sound driver may be disabled if the audio output or input on the PC stops working, preventing you from giving a video presentation to potential customers or participating in a conference call with employees. To restore sound card functionality, restart the device in Device Manager.
- Click “Start | Control Panel | Hardware and Sound | Device Manager,” or click “Start,” type “device manager” into the Search field, and press “Enter.”
- Right-click the sound driver and select “Enable” to restart the device.
- If prompted, restart the computer to re-enable the sound card.
How to Connect an Android Phone Running Froyo to a USB Port
Google’s Android mobile operating system uses catchy names like Froyo and Honeycomb to distinguish between different versions of the OS, making it difficult to tell which is which. If you have an Android phone that is running Froyo, it means it is running Android OS 2.2. Simply use the USB connection cable that came with it to connect this device to a computer via USB.
- Connect the Android phone to the computer using the USB connection cable that came with the device.
- Tap the “USB Connected” option that appears on the device’s screen.
- Tap the “Mount” button to connect the device to the computer via USB.
FAQs About on How to Use Internal Mic with Headphones Mac
Can any headphones be used with the MacBook Pro?
If you purchase a headset with a 3.5 mm connector, you can use a headset with headphones and a microphone with a MacBook. You can also buy a 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter to convert a headset with a 2.5 mm connector to work with your MacBook system.
Can I use other headphones with my MacBook?
If you’re wondering if you can connect non-Apple headphones to a Mac, the answer is yes! Bluetooth connectivity on Mac is not limited to Apple products. However, we recommend that you read the headphones’ manual to ensure device compatibility. To connect, turn on the Bluetooth features on both devices.
Can I use iPhone earphones on my MacBook Pro?
The headphones that came with your new iPhone 7 cannot be plugged into your new Macbook Pro. You simply cannot! The iPhone 7 lacks a headphone jack. Instead, it has a Lightning port, so Apple created Lightning-compatible headphones.
When it comes to our homes, one of the most important things is the safety and security of our belongings. Whether you own your home or you're renting, personal property insurance can provide you...
There's no denying that renting a place comes with its advantages - no mortgage, no property taxes, and flexibility to move around when needed. However, one aspect that often gets overlooked is the...