A wonderful pair of headphones can assist to improve your listening experience with your iPhone,
So if you’ve recently purchased Sony’s MDR10RBT pair, you might be asking how to connect the Sony MDR10RBT headphones to your iPhone.
The ear headphones come with a cord that you can use if you prefer a wired option, but they are also Bluetooth compatible, which means you can wirelessly pair them with your iPhone and listen to music or movies with a good sound quality.
So here is a quick Solution, read the whole article for the alternative methods.
Short Answer, How to Connect Sony Headphones to iPhone?
- To set your Sony Bluetooth Headset into pairing mode, tap and hold the Power button on the headphones for 7 seconds.
- On your iPhone, tap the Settings icon.
- Select Bluetooth from the menu.
- Select your headphones from the list of available devices and wait for the “Connected” message to appear.
Step by step on How to Connect Sony Bluetooth Headphone to iPhone
The methods in this post will show you how to utilize Bluetooth to connect your iPhone and your Sony 10MDR10RBT headphones.
Before you begin the matching process, ensure that:
- The iPhone is within 1 meter (3 feet) of the headset.
- The headset has been sufficiently charged.
- The iPhone’s operating instructions are in hand.
Step 1: In your iPhone’s Settings menu, confirm that Bluetooth is turned on.
Step 2: For 7 seconds, press and hold the Power button on the Sony MDR10RBT headphones to enter Bluetooth pairing mode.
Step 3: On your iPhone, tap the Settings icon.
Step 4: Go to the Bluetooth settings.
Step 5: Select MDR-10RBT from the menu.
After a few seconds, the headphones will pair with your iPhone and display a message similar to the one below. Your Bluetooth headphones have been successfully connected to your iPhone and are ready for usage.
Other Step to Follow on How to Connect Sony Headphones to iPhone or iPad
Step 1: Remove both SONY WF-1000XM3 devices from the charging case. The headgear activates automatically. Check to see if the indication (blue) is flashing.
Step 2: Turn on this headset’s pairing mode.
When you initially link the SONY WF-1000XM3 with a device after purchase or after initializing the headset (if the headset does not have pairing information), the headset enters pairing mode automatically if you remove it from the charging case.
In this instance, put on the headset and move on to step 3.
Step 3: If the iPhone’s screen is locked, unlock it.
Step 4: On your iPhone, go to “Settings-Bluetooth” and toggle the switch to enable Bluetooth.
Step 5: Select “WF-1000XM3” as the device to connect.
If a passcode is required, enter “0000.”
The headset and iPhone have been matched and connected. The left earbud will emit the voice direction “Bluetooth connected.”
If they aren’t already linked, see “Connecting to a Paired iPhone.”
If “WF-1000XM3” does not appear on the screen, repeat step 4.
NOTE: If no pairing is established within approximately 5 minutes, pairing mode is canceled and the headset powers down. In this case, return to step 1.
Once paired, BLUETOOTH devices do not need to be paired again, unless in the following circumstances:
- After repair, etc., pairing information was erased.
- The headset is already associated with eight devices and is waiting to be paired with another.
- The headset can be used with up to eight different devices. If a new device is linked after the previous eight devices have been paired, the paired device with the oldest connection time is replaced by the new device.
- When the BLUETOOTH device’s pairing information for the headset is removed.
- All pairing information is destroyed when the headset is initialized.
If the pairing information was deleted during initialization of the headset, etc., delete the pairing information for the headset from your iPhone and re-pair them and also check the headphone settings.
Although the headset can be associated with many devices, it can only play music from one of them simultaneously.
Procedure for Pairing (connecting) Bluetooth Wireless Headphones to Another Device
- Ensure that the unit’s power is turned off
- Turn on the Bluetooth device you’re connecting and bring it within 3 feet (1 meter) of this item.
- While the Bluetooth headphones are turned off, press and hold the ID SET button (for the speaker) or the / POWER button (for the headphones) for more than 7 seconds.
- Jabra Evolve 75 UC Bluetooth Stereo Headset. If you’re looking for the best Bluetooth headset for phone calls, Jabra is the name to remember.
- A brand-new bee. Apart from its diminutive size, there isn’t anything unique about the New Bee Bluetooth headset at first glance.
- Bluetooth Headset Aminy UFO. The Aminy UFO Bluetooth headset is a popular favorite, boasting a 4.5-star rating on Amazon and nearly 6,000 user reviews.
Bluetooth Headphones or Speakers cannot be connected to a Mobile Device
It is possible that the headphones or speakers have been automatically paired to another previously connected audio device, or that the Bluetooth pairing has been incorrectly configured.
1. Verify that the Bluetooth Connections between the Devices are Secure
If the headphones or speaker is linked to or paired with more than one device, check the other device and disable the Bluetooth connection between it and the headphones or speakers.
Then attempt to connect to the selected audio device once more. If you require assistance disconnecting the Bluetooth connection on another audio device, consult the device’s handbook.
2. Utilize the Near Field Communication (NFCTM) capability to pair (connect)
To connect to Bluetooth through NFC, simply touch the smartphone to the N-Mark on the headphones or speaker. The smartphone disconnects from the current device and connects to the headphones or speaker via BLUETOOTH.
Maintain contact between the headphones and the smartphone until the smartphone responds.
Final Thoughts on How to Connect Sony Headphones to Iphone
Except for the Apple AirPods Pro, the SONY WF-1000XM3 may be the most powerful true wireless noise canceling earphones.
Pairing is the process of establishing a link between BLUETOOTH devices in order to allow wireless communication. To make a BLUETOOTH connection for the first time, you must pair a device with the headset.
- To set your Sony Bluetooth headphones into pairing mode, press and hold the Power button for 7 seconds.
- On your iPhone, tap the Settings icon.
- Choose the Bluetooth option.
- Select your headphones from the list of devices, then wait for “Connected” to appear.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
How can I activate pairing mode on my Sony headphones?
Simply press and hold the power button for a few seconds to put your Sony headphones in pairing mode. When the indicator blinks red and blue, you’ll know it’s in pairing mode.
Is it possible to use Sony wireless headphones with an iPhone?
Sonys are the most compatible with both iOS and Android devices. They function similarly to other Bluetooth earphones, and they also display the battery life on Android devices. The Sony Headphones app provides a wide range of controls and customization for Sony earbuds on both ecosystems.
Why aren’t my headphones working with my iPhone?
Examine your headphone cord, connector, remote, and earbuds for wear or breakage. Examine the meshes in each earbud for debris. Replug your headphones firmly. If your iOS device has a case, remove it to ensure a secure connection.