How to pair JBL headphones to iPhone, Ipad, Tablet, and Computer? JBL headphones are extremely popular for one simple reason: they sound fantastic and are available in a variety of styles ranging from earbuds to over-ear headphones. On top of that, the majority of them include Bluetooth connectivity!
While Bluetooth is undeniably more convenient than a wired connection, connecting JBL headphones this way can be challenging at times. We’ve all been there, ready to listen to music, only to discover that pairing mode isn’t working.
Fortunately, connecting your JBL headphones to your smart device is simple, and the most common issues are easily resolved. This article will guide you on how to pair JBL headphones.
So, How to pair JBL headphones to iPhone, Ipad, Tablet, and Computer?
The following are the instructions:
- Turn on the Bluetooth connectivity mode on your headphones.
- Navigate to the menu on your TV’s screen.
- Select “Settings” and then “Bluetooth” from the menu.
- Look for the most recent Bluetooth devices.
- From the device list, select your JBL headphones.
- Your headphones and television are both connected.
HOW TO TURN ON PAIRING MODE ON YOUR JBL HEADPHONES?
First, power on your JBL headphones by pressing the power button. When you turn on the headphones, the LED indicator will light up. Almost all JBL headphones include a Bluetooth button. By pressing this button, you can activate pairing mode on your JBL headphone.
When the device is ready to pair, an LED indicator blinks blue. When the device is paired, the LED light glows steadily blue. JBL Bluetooth earbuds may not have a dedicated Bluetooth button. They do, however, have another button between the volume up and volume down buttons.
To put your JBL headphones in pairing mode, press and hold this button for a few seconds. When connecting to any Bluetooth device, the pairing procedure is the same.
However, the pairing method is different for various devices to which you want to connect your JBL headphones.
8 Ways to pair JBL headphones to iPhone, Ipad, Tablet, Computer and more?
1. Pair JBL Headphones to iPhone and iPad
You can easily connect your JBL headphones to an iPhone or iPad. To pair properly with an iPhone or iPad, the headphones should be within 33 feet of the device. Both of these devices operate in the same manner and have menus that are similar.
So, using the method outlined below, you can connect your JBL headphones to your iPhone or iPad. To begin, turn on your JBL headphones by pressing the power button for approximately 2 seconds. The blue LED light next to the power button will begin to blink. If it doesn’t, restart your JBL headphones.
Press the button present between the volume up and down buttons. Release it when the LED indicator blinks blue. So, by turning on your JBL headphones using these two methods, you can enable Bluetooth pairing on them.
- Now, on your iPhone or iPad, go to ‘Settings.’ Navigate to Bluetooth settings.
- Turn on Bluetooth and search for available devices.
- Your JBL headphones will appear in the list based on their model number. Simply tap on the name of your JBL headphones to get started.
- Next, enter your JBL headphones’ passcode, which is either “0000” or written in the user manual.
- It will only take a few seconds before you see “Connected” on the screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Your JBL headphones are now connected to your iPhone or iPad. You can now make phone calls using your JBL headphones.
- If you want to listen to music from your iPhone or iPad through the JBL headphones, proceed to the next step.
- Tap the Airplay icon on your iPhone or iPad’s screen. It will start the music app. Any song you select will be played through your JBL Bluetooth headphones.
JBL headphones will disconnect when you turn them off. You do not have to go through the pairing process again and again. Because both devices remember each other, the headphones automatically pair to your iPhone when it is turned on.
Alternative Video: How To Pair JBL Headphones?
- Can Drivers Wear Headphones? (Answered!)
- Are Monitor Or Studio Headphones Good For Listening To Music? (Find Out Now!)
- Can Wearing Headphones Cause Hair Loss? Click Here
2. Pair JBL Headphones to A Tablet
You can wirelessly connect your JBL headphones to your tablet. Follow the steps outlined below.
- Start Bluetooth pairing with your JBL headphones.
- Swipe down from the top of your tablet’s screen.
- The Bluetooth icon will appear. Turn on the Bluetooth.
- To view the list of paired devices, long-press the Bluetooth button.
- Your JBL headphones will be listed as a device. After a few seconds, it will display the message “Connected.”
- You can now listen to your tablet’s audio files through headphones.
3. Pair JBL Headphones to A Laptop
Pairing JBL headphones with a laptop is not the same as pairing them with an iPhone. Bluetooth technology is built into all of the laptops. As a result, the headphones can be paired wirelessly.
The procedure is not overly complicated. Simply follow the steps outlined below to connect your JBL headphones to your laptop.
- Click the Windows icon at the bottom left of your screen on your Windows laptop. The ‘Settings’ tab will appear; click it.
- Then, go to the ‘Devices’ settings. It will present you with several options. Select “Bluetooth and other devices.”
- When you turn on Bluetooth, the button will turn blue.
- Then, on the top, tap the ‘+’ symbol that says “Add a Bluetooth or other device.”
- It will present you with three or more options; select “Bluetooth.”
- Now, press the power button on your JBL headphones to turn them on. Then, to begin pairing, press the Bluetooth button. The headphones can now be found.
- Your laptop is already set to pair. It will recognize your JBL headphones. Select the correct model number from the list displayed on your laptop screen.
- The pairing process will begin, and you will see “Connected” on the laptop screen after a short time. To finish the process, select “Done.”
You do not have to pair the JBL headphones every time you use them. As long as Bluetooth is enabled on your laptop and the headphones are within range, they will automatically connect to your laptop.
4. Pair JBL Headphones to A Computer
Bluetooth connectivity is available on the majority of desktop computers. You can connect such a computer to your JBL headphones in the same way that you did with your laptop. However, some older computers lack a functional Bluetooth built in.
However, you can use your JBL headphones with such a computer. Please tell us how to wirelessly connect your JBL headphones to your computer.
Take a Bluetooth adapter for example. It is a small plug that connects to your computer. A Bluetooth 5.0 adapter is recommended for stable pairing and good sound quality. A Bluetooth 4.0 adapter, on the other hand, can be used for this purpose. However, always purchase a high-quality adapter rather than a low-cost one.
- Connect the Bluetooth adapter to your computer’s USB port.
- The computer will automatically recognize the device. The Bluetooth icon will appear at the bottom right of your computer screen.
- When you click the Bluetooth icon, you will be presented with a number of options. Select “Add a Bluetooth device” or “Show Bluetooth devices.”
- On the computer screen, the Bluetooth menu will appear.
- Switch your JBL headphones to pairing mode. It will appear in your computer’s list.
- Select your preferred JBL headphones. It will connect in a matter of minutes.
5. Pair JBL Headphones to A TV
JBL headphones are fantastic. They provide more flexibility and can also be connected to your television. As a result, you can listen to TV audio using your JBL headphones. However, your TV must have built-in Bluetooth in order to pair with the JBL headphones.
A smart TV with no built-in Bluetooth, on the other hand, can pair with your JBL headphones. You will, however, require adapters for this purpose. This article will show you how to pair your TV and JBL headphones in both ways.
Pairing the JBL Headphones with a TV having built-in Bluetooth
If your TV has built-in Bluetooth then you can pair the headphones very easily. Mostly, Fire TV and Android TV come with built-in Bluetooth. Follow the steps given below;
- Turn your JBL headphones’ Bluetooth pairing mode on. The majority of JBL Bluetooth headphones include a Bluetooth button. However, the JBL earbuds may lack a dedicated Bluetooth button.
- By pressing the central button for five seconds, you can put them in pairing mode.
- Each model has an LED indicator that indicates pairing. When the device is placed in Bluetooth pairing mode, it blinks blue.
- Now, navigate to the menu on your smart TV’s screen. Navigate to ‘Bluetooth’ settings after going to settings.
- Scan for Bluetooth devices that are available. In the list, your specific JBL headphones model will be visible.
- Choose your JBL headphones from the television. Both devices will be paired in a matter of seconds.
You can control the volume either through your TV or headphones.
Pairing the JBL Headphones with a TV that lacks a built-in Bluetooth
A Bluetooth Audio Adapter is required. This device allows you to connect your JBL headphones to a TV that does not have built-in Bluetooth. Avantree Audikast Plus, Avantree Oasis Plus, and Avantree Orbit are some popular Bluetooth Audio Adapters. You can purchase them from Amazon.
You can use this adapter to connect your TV not only to JBL headphones but also to other types of headphones. It means you can connect your TV to two devices at the same time.
Let us know how to pair your JBL headphones to the TV;
- Connect the Bluetooth Adapter to the power supply as well as the TV.
- Put your JBL headphones and Bluetooth Adapter in pairing mode.
- After a few moments, both devices will pair. When you pair your JBL headphones with the Adapter, the TV will automatically connect.
As a result, the Bluetooth Adapter serves as a bridge between the TV and the headphones.
6. Pairing the JBL Headphones to an Apple Watch
Apple Watch is a wearable smartwatch. It has many advanced features, much like a smartphone. This watch is fantastic and can be used in conjunction with the JBL headphones.
Let us examine the procedure;
- To begin, activate Bluetooth pairing mode on your JBL headphones.
- Now, go to your Apple Watch’s settings.
- Scroll all the way down to find the Bluetooth settings. Tap it to look for available devices.
- Select your JBL Bluetooth headphones.
- It will connect to your Apple Watch after a few moments.
7. Pairing the JBL Headphones to a Chromebook
The Chromebook is a smart and efficient device. It can be used for a variety of purposes. It’s similar to a laptop. You can use it in conjunction with your JBL headphones. Take the following steps:
- Turn your JBL headphones’ Bluetooth pairing mode on.
- Now, navigate to your Chromebook’s screen, which is located at the very bottom, on the very right.
- You’ll notice a battery icon here; tap it. It will open a brief menu that also displays Bluetooth.
- Tape to enable Bluetooth if it is turned off.
- Your Chromebook will now begin scanning the available devices. Select your JBL headphone.
- It will launch a new popup window with the text “Connecting to JBL headphones.”
- The Chromebook will make a confirmation sound after a few seconds.
8. Pairing the JBL Headphones to a Macbook
The process of pairing JBL headphones to an iMac or Macbook is the same. Both these devices work in a similar way. So, you can pair your JBL headphones to Mac by the following steps;
- Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your Macbook’s screen.
- It will display a list of options; select “System Preferences.”
- This will display all of your options. A Bluetooth icon can be found in the third row.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth icon. The Bluetooth menu will be displayed in the following popup window.
- Turn on the Bluetooth. Check the “Show Bluetooth in menu bar” box as well.
- Now, on your JBL headphones, press the Bluetooth button.
- Your JBL headphones will be displayed on the Macbook; click the ‘connect’ button to pair.
- The Macbook will automatically pair with your JBL headphones.
HOW TO DISCONNECT JBL HEADPHONES FROM A PAIRED BLUETOOTH DEVICE?
When you pair your JBL headphones with a Bluetooth device, they automatically connect when powered on. As a result, you do not have to repeat the pairing process each time. However, you may wish to unpair your JBL headphones from a device or pair them with another Bluetooth device.
You will reset your JBL headphones in this case. They will lose track of all paired devices. You can connect your JBL headphones to another device by repeating the pairing process. You can reset your JBL headphones using the following procedure:
- By pressing the power button, you can turn your headphones on.
- Now, for at least 5 seconds, press and hold the ‘Volume UP’ and ‘Volume Down’ buttons simultaneously.
- When the device makes a shut-down sound, release the buttons.
- After a while, it will turn back on, emitting a ‘powering on’ and pinging sound.
Your JBL headphones have now been reset to their factory settings. It has been disconnected from all Bluetooth devices with which it has been paired. You can connect it to any other device using the methods described in this article.
WHY WON’T MY JBL HEADPHONES CONNECT TO MY IPHONE?
The most common reason your JBL headphones are unable to connect to your iPhone is that they were not properly disconnected from the previous device with which they were paired.
Other causes include hardware problems (low/dead batteries) or software problems (update required). There are several reasons why your JBL headphones aren’t connecting to your iPhone.
- Bluetooth on your iPhone may be turned off.
- The headphones’ batteries may have died.
- Your headphones may already be connected to another device.
- It’s possible that your iPhone has two Bluetooth profiles for your headphones.
- It’s possible that your iPhone is running an out-of-date version of iOS.
- Your JBL headphones were not properly disconnected from the device with which they were previously paired.
CONCLUSION on Pair JBL Headphones to iPhone
This article will provide you with a comprehensive guide if you are looking for the best way to connect your JBL headphones to various devices. The pairing method is described at the start of the article. While each device’s specific method is provided separately.
So, now that you’ve read this article, you should be able to connect your JBL headphones to your iPhone, iPad, computer, tablet, laptop, TV, Apple Watch, Chromebook, and Macbook.
You can listen to music on your JBL headphones that are stored on your devices. The volume can be adjusted using either the paired device or the JBL headphones.
FAQs On Pairing JBL Headphones Bluetooth devices
Why won’t my JBL headphones connect to Bluetooth?
For 20 seconds, press and hold the volume up and volume down buttons on the right earcup at the same time. Let go of the buttons. You will hear a noise indicating that your JBL headphones have been reset.
On JBL headphones, where is the Bluetooth button?
The “Bluetooth” button is located on the right ear cover’s bottom. This is what you’ll hear. The sound of your JBL Live wireless headphones will indicate whether they are in pairing mode. On the back of the right ear cover, the blue power light will also appear.
Why are my Bluetooth headphones not connecting?
If your Bluetooth devices aren’t connecting, it’s because they’re out of range or aren’t in pairing mode. If your Bluetooth connection is consistently failing, try resetting your devices or having your phone or tablet “forget” the connection.
Perhaps you've heard the saying, "Break in your new shoes," but are you aware of the fallacy of "burning in your headphones? The hardness of new shoes caused blisters on the...
Why not enhance your wireless music listening experience by investing in the best Bluetooth speakers with light show features? There's a reason why discos always have glitter balls...