When you’re playing a game, you would want it to be more realistic. Only choosing a proper game that stands out with a dynamic video graphic will not make it realistic.
However adding sound surely will! If you’re not new to gaming, Arctis sound systems are nothing new for you.
I’m sure you must have thought about purchasing one. Arctis 7 and Pro are here to amaze you the most. But before you rush out to purchase one, here is clear information of the comparison between these products. Let’s get started with them.
Based on the reviews, the SteelSeries Arctis 7 headset is still considered a worthwhile purchase for gaming. The Arctis 7+ Wireless is highly recommended for its comfort and impressive sound quality. The original Arctis 7 is also praised for its fantastic performance and worth the investment. The Arctis 7+ has many connection options and customizable performance, making it a good choice for wireless gaming.
The Steelseries Arctis 7
The Steelseries Arctis 7 is a mid-tier gaming headset that offers a lot for the price. It was released in 2019 and boasted a slew of impressive features such as 2.4 GHz wireless audio, surround-sound, and a 24-hour battery life.
Key Features of the Steelseries Arctis 7
Following some testing with the Steelseries Arctis 7, here are some of the headset’s key features.
- Sound Quality: Steelseries Arctis headsets are known for their exceptional sound quality. The frequency range of the Arctis 7 is 20-20,000 hertz, which captures the majority of what you need to hear. It also has surround-sound technology that captures true gaming space placement without making you sound like you’re in a tunnel, which is a plus for most gamers.
- Microphone Quality: The quality of the microphone is important, but not as important as the sound. The Steelseries Arctic 7’s microphone was average in terms of audio quality, but what set it apart was that it was retractable. You can either pull the mic out and place it in front of your mouth, or retract it into the headset. This is great if you and your friends want to talk occasionally, but you also want to play alone.
- Battery Life: This headset has a 24-hour battery life, which is more than enough time for multiple gaming sessions.
- Excellent value for money.
- Battery life of 24 hours
- Compatibility with almost all gaming consoles
- Excellent sound features for the situation
- Poor microphone quality
- The frequency response is limited (only really noticed by audiophiles though)
- Customizable features must be changed using software or an app, and they may not be available on a PlayStation 4, 5, or Xbox One.
The Steelseries Arctis Pro
In a nutshell, the Steelseries Arctis Pro wireless gaming headset is an improved version of the Steelseries Arctis 7. It has a better overall build and sound quality and is intended for those who have high audio standards.
Key Features Of The Steelseries Arctis Pro
- Sound Quality: There won’t be much of a difference between the Steelseries Arctis 7 and the Steelseries Arctis Pro wireless gaming headsets for some people, but if you’re an audiophile like me, you’ll notice. The steelseries Arctis 7 has a frequency range of 20 – 20,000 hz, whereas the Pro has a frequency range of 10 – 40,000 hz. This results in a much better bass response, as well as crisper higher frequencies.
- Mic Quality: The Arctis Pro’s mic quality was noticeably better than the Arctis 7. The Arctis Pro mic provides studio-quality clarity while reducing background noise and canceling noise. This makes a huge difference if you do a lot of multi-player gaming or streaming.
- Wired & Wireless Headset Connection Options: The Arctis pro comes in a few different varieties. The cheapest option is wired and comes with a USB chat mix dial that does not require batteries. You get a transmitter base station with the steelseries arctis pro wireless gaming headset option, which allows you to control things like volume, mix, EQ, and other settings that are only available via an app for the Arctis 7.
- DTS headphone : X: DTS elevates headphone audio to new heights. This type of audio provides more than just situational sound; it also provides true 3D audio for better gaming, which can give you a significant advantage in games like PUBG or Fortnite, where directional audio can mean the difference between life and death.
- High-fidelity audio with a frequency range of 10-40,000 Hz for a more complete sound signature
- Drivers for professional speakers
- The ClearCast mic has a frequency response that is comparable to that of a studio microphone.
- With the included base station, the wireless version allows for customized controls.
- 3D Audio DTS Headphones
- Some features, such as surround sound and voice chat mix, are not available on the Xbox One or PlayStation 4. (PC only)
Arctis 7 vs Arctis Pro Detailed Comparison
|Features||Arctis 7||Arctis pro|
|Hardware Platform||PC, Playstation 4||PlayStation 4|
|Item Weight||12.5 ounces||1.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||7.76 x 6.89 x 3.58 inches||3.54 x 6.55 x 7.37 inches|
|Batteries||2 Lithium Polymer batteries||2 CR2 batteries|
|Price||Check Today’s Price||Check Today’s Price|
1. Connectivity Options
When you’re playing a game, you would want it to be more realistic. Only choosing a proper game that stands out with a dynamic video graphic will not make it realistic. However adding sound surely will! If you’re not new to gaming, Arctis sound systems are nothing new for you.
I’m sure you must have thought about purchasing an open back vs closed back headphones for gaming. Similarly, Arctis 7 and Pro are here to amaze you the most. So before you rush out to purchase one, here is clear information of the comparison between these products. Let’s get started with them.
Here comes the big difference. When you take out the Arctis pro, you’ll be able to see a number of variations. To make the configuration better, this lower end version comes with a USB chat mix dial.
There are other features of connectivity as well which include transmitter base station and other things. It always becomes useful to choose such a product. One the other hand, choosing Arctic 7 could be another direct option.
It comes with simple app based connectivity. There’s no such device enabled connectivity like a USB port or even a simple Bluetooth. All that you get is an app for the Arctis 7 where you can control the settings like volume, mix or even the equalizer.
2. Noise Quality
When you listen to music on these good headphones for music, some people might not find out any type of difference at all. This is simply because both of them are quite similar to each other. The only difference lies within the technical part of the headphones.
The pro versions of headphones come with a massive frequency range from 10000 hz at low volume to 40000 hz at higher volume. Arctis 7 comes up with a decent sound as well. When you listen to full volume, you may not even find a minimal difference in sound as well.
The only thing that you will have to consider is using this device at a regular volume. It has a range from 20-20000 hz which is quite decent. However, we would all go for the pro version because of a better bass.
3. DTS option
Having a DTS option would be the ideal choice to consider while playing games. It allows you to experience real life sound while playing your favorite games.
DTS headphones: X is designed in such a way that represents games like PUBG or Fortnite. It becomes a thrill to enjoy such games with this amazing technology that we use today.
Coming to the uses of DTS headphones: X, the Arctis pro version leads this race by a fair margin it allows you to get an amazing sound boost to enjoy gaming.
However, the 7th generation model does lack this feature. It does not go well when it comes to bass boosted sound for better results.
4. Mic Quality
Another important part of having a better headphone is to know about the sound input function. While you are playing a game and giving instructions to your teammates. It becomes important to choose a product that does well.
The mic quality thus matters. With a better device, the noise reduction will be much higher and as a result, a multi-player gaming option is much more important.
Here as well, the pro version plays up a great role to make a huge difference. Comparing the mic quality in between these two devices, it will be fair to say that both of them have almost the same quality of microphone similar to these best earbuds for cell phone calls.
However, the Arctis pro comes with a better body finished.
5. Regular Uses
Not everyone would always sit at home and turn the music on. You can even carry both these dives while you are travelling. It is important to set up the device properly and also make sure that it is comfortable to carry.
Both of these devices have similar body structure and shape. There’s hardly much difference between these two devices in terms of looks and weight. When you touch it the SteelSeries pro beats Arctis 7 by a slight margin.
It is because of a simple body finish. Both of them are quite decent for regular uses. There’s no mandatory winner here and you can choose anyone between them according to the budget that you’ve planned. Both of them would be good choices for regular use.
Should You Buy The Steelseries Arctis 7 or Steelseries Arctis Pro?
While these two gaming headsets appear to be similar, they are actually quite different. The Steelseries Arctis Pro wireless is ideal for elite gamers who invest in their setup on a regular basis. These headphones are designed for those who want the best of the best.
The Steelseries Arctis Pro wireless’s functionality, expanded frequency response, and more accurate surround sound make it an easy choice for dedicated gamers, particularly PC gamers and some PlayStation 4, 5, and Xbox gamers.
The Steelseries Arctis 7, on the other hand, is intended for a serious gamer who may not require the enhanced surround sound and frequency response. These are gamers who may play on a PC or a console, but only on a casual basis.
The Steelseries Arctis 7 is for the type of gamer who enjoys PvP style games, FPS, or other games where situational awareness is important, but is still a casual gamer at heart.
The Steelseries Arctis 7 gaming headphones are fantastic, especially for the price. Spending the extra money for the Pro isn’t worth it if you’re not a pro gamer yourself and don’t require those extra features.
Alternative Video: Arctis Pro Wireless Headset Review
Conclusion – Which Is Better?
After completing a detailed comparison, it’s easier to say that the Arctis pro is miles ahead when it comes to specifications. However, there are always some considerations that you must make before choosing one.
One big consideration is the price of the product. With more features, it’s fair to say that Arctis pro would be a costly model. On the other hand, the Arctis 7 is a budget friendly model. Although it lacks some high-end features, this is a good product to choose for everyday uses.
Do let us know about which one of them would be a good addition for your gaming needs. Also, before you go, check out our guide on how to stop earbuds from falling out in case you are currently using an earbud. Also, if you are wondering how to connect headphones to xbox one, check this guide.
FAQs About SteelSeries Comparison
Is Arctis Pro an improvement over Arctis 7?
Compared to the SteelSeries Arctis 7 2019 Edition Wireless, the Arctis Pro Wireless gaming headphones perform better. Because it features a base that doubles as a wireless transmitter and a charging station and supports Bluetooth, the Arctis Pro Wireless provides more connectivity choices.
Is the Arctis Pro pricey enough?
Excellent gaming headset: SteelSeries Arctis Pro. Both the comfort and the sound quality are excellent. It seems to be a product made to offer as many features and options as possible in the most practical package.
Is Arctis 7 still worthwhile?
The SteelSeries Arctis 7 has a ton of features, a great sound, and is incredibly comfortable. The headset is easy to put up and works with virtually everything. Although I like the Game DAC device on the Arctis Pro over the Engine app, it is also $100 more expensive, which is a lot to ask.
To put it simply, electrostatic headphones convert audio signals to sound waves, converting electrical energy into mechanical wave energy. The actual operation of the electrostatic headphones...
Top 10 Best Wireless TV Speakers You Should Buy (Complete Buying Guide)
A home theater system is the focal point of any modern living room. When it comes to watching your favorite content these days, high-definition television reigns supreme. However,...