Are you looking for the best earbuds for phone calls? Look no further as you’ve landed on the right page. In this article, we’ll go through some of the best wireless earbuds with microphones that offer a clear call quality and spectacular mic response.
Most manufacturers primarily focus on a wireless earbuds’ design, battery life, and features.
The microphone (on most earbuds) is an afterthought, and in maximum cases, the microphone can be embarrassing to use for work or private calls.
Thus, to relieve your pain point, we’ve listed the 9 best earbuds for phone calls that you can buy straight away.
Top Picks Bluetooth Earbuds for Making Phone Calls
Best Active Noise Cancelling Earbuds: Bose QuietComfort Earbuds
Best Earbuds for PC Calls: Samsung Galaxy Bud Live
Best Affordable Wireless Earbuds: Jabra Elite 75T
Best Budget Earbuds for Phone Calls: Lypertek Tevi
Best Cheap Earbuds for Phone Calls: Sennheiser CX 400BT
Best Bluetooth Earbuds For Phone Calls: Apple Airpods Pro
Best Cheap Wireless for Phone Calls: Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro
Best Corded Earbuds for Phone Calls: Bowers & Wilkins PX7–
Best Earbuds for Call Quality: Sony WFXB700
9+ Best Earbuds for Phone Calls
1. Bose QuietComfort Earbuds – Best Active Noise Cancelling Earbuds
If you’re looking for the most comfortable wireless earbuds for phone calls, then it doesn’t get better than the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds.
Unlike other contenders in our list of best Bluetooth earbuds for phone calls, Bose QuietComfort offers a whopping 20 hrs of battery life in a single go.
In comparison, the magnetic carrying case offers additional 12 hours of charge time. These earbuds are equipped with the best active noise-canceling technology that you can find in any earphones.
It offers up to 11 levels of noise-canceling that allows you to enjoy different audio types, including phone calls, without being completely cut off from the outside world just like while using these open ear gaming headsets.
The multiple microphones used in the ANC tech forms the best combination while receiving calls. These microphones reject most of the ambient noise around you.
Thus, the person on the opposite end can clearly hear your voice without having to guess your surrounding environment. While the Bose QuietComfort earbuds are priced over $250, they don’t look the part because the overall design is subtle.
It’s a good thing if you don’t want your expensive earbuds to get unwanted attention. The package comes with varying sizes of ear hooks (or ‘ear wings’ as Bose likes to call them) that forms a snug and comfortable fit around your ears like thee audiophile headphones under 300.
While the Bose QuietComfort earbuds don’t feature physical buttons, you can cycle through various controls using the touch-sensitive back on each earbud.
The left earbuds allow you to select between different noise-canceling levels. In contrast, the right earbud features regular controls like play/pause, answer/end call, access voice assistant, and decline an incoming call.
While these controls might take a while getting used to, they’ll be a boon if you get multiple calls during the day without getting your phone out. You can manage these touch controls through Bose’s Music app for your preferred smartphone OS.
- Immensely comfortable
- Offers 20 hrs of non-stop battery life
- Offers 11 levels of active noise canceling
- The built-in microphone cuts off unnecessary noise while
- Superb sound quality
- Even in a crowded environment, you can speak in a low
voice in calls
- The design looks muted
- Touch controls can take some time getting used to
2. Samsung Galaxy Buds Live– Best Earbuds for PC Calls
Samsung Galaxy Bud Live is the latest addition to the TWS earbuds range, albeit with a different design. Once you pop open the charging case, they look pretty similar to any other TWS earbuds.
The magic happens when you take it out from the case. Samsung Galaxy Bud Live do not sport a typical design that we’re used to in regular TWS earbuds. Samsung has ditched silicon ear tips and offers a unique design that rests in your ears comfortably and sits flush.
Its kidney-like design sits effortlessly in your ear’s cavity. Simultaneously, the ambient noise is combated by the active noise canceling technology built into the earbuds.
Compared to regular earbuds, this design is reasonably comfortable because your ear cavity isn’t completely sealed, thus giving breathing space for the skin near your ears like these best headphones for music under 200.
Taking long calls won’t be an issue with the Samsung Galaxy Buds Live because of a relaxed fit, longer battery life, and inclusion of 3mics within each earbud.
It features 2 external mics + 1 internal mic that makes the noise-canceling technology possible. With the ANC technology, you get an excellent result when it comes to noting your spoken words in a crowded environment.
Both earbuds feature a 12mm driver that enables a wide sound output that helps during calls or in music listening sessions.
Additionally, AKG has supplied these drivers, which is a renowned and professional audio brand, thus improving your overall audio experience. It offers a battery life between 20 to 29 hrs, depending on how you use it.
Since it features ANC tech and Bixby voice, the battery life reduces to 20 hours with both features ON. Whereas with both features OFF, you can expect a total battery life of up to 29 hrs.
Available in Black and Bronze colors, the ear buds have a glossy finish at the front, and the provided case is exceptionally pocketable. Thus, you won’t even notice if the Samsung Galaxy Bud Live is in your pocket since it’s extraordinarily lightweight.
- Remarkably lightweight
- Offers active noise technology at a reasonable price
- Unique earbud design
- Charging case is puny in size and quite easily
- 29 hours of max battery life
- Available in only 2 colors
- The new design might not be for everyone
3. Jabra Elite 75T– Best Affordable Wireless Earbuds
Jabra is a synonymous brand when it comes to finding a good earbuds for phone calls. They’ve been making phone call centric earbuds for over a decade now.
They’ve excelled quite a lot in this department. Jabra Elite Active 75T is again a testament to the above statement. It offers you the best calling quality at a reasonable price.
Since its launch, Jabra has released several firmware updates for the Jabra Elite Active 75T, which has improved the earbuds’ call quality and noise-canceling features. During a call, the Jabra Elite 75T can block ambient noise around you and offer you a truly ‘elite’ phone call experience.
Through its ‘Jabra Sound+’ app, you can also control the noise-canceling level and toggle through various noise pass-through modes. In case you find any issues or accidentally drop them in water, check how to fix water damaged bluetooth earphones
With the newer firmware upgrade, the battery has improved drastically. It offers a total battery of 24 hours, while the earbuds can last up to 5.5 hours in a single go with Active Noise Cancelling ON.
If you switch off the active noise cancellation feature, you can extend the battery even further. When it comes to music, Jabra earphones aren’t known for their sound quality. However, with the latest firmware updates, Jabra has made sure you can enjoy your favorite music on these best earbuds with microphone.
To further improve your music and calling experience, the ‘MySound’ technology in Jabra Elite 75T helps tailor the audio according to your hearing profile.
Through the Jabra Sound+ app, you can customize the audio profile and set it to your preferred choice. Both ear buds weigh 5.5 grams, with no option for ear hooks in the package. Surprisingly, only using the ear tips, they stay in place even while you’re walking, jogging, or working out in the gym.
Jabra Elite 75T is IP55 certified that makes them resistant to water, sweat, and dust. You get additional 2-years protection against dust and water damage that can be availed through the app, making it the best earbuds for calls in any situation.
- Incredibly lightweight
- The earbuds get regular firmware updates
- Lasts up to 24 hours
- Call quality has improved drastically with the latest
- Offers a remarkably secure fit for calls
- Plenty of customization through the Jabra Sound+ app
- Working with Siri is a bit problematic
- Can only use the right earbud for single earbud use
4. Lypertek Tevi– Best Budget Earbuds for Phone Calls
- ADVANCED WIRELESS SOUND: The latest update on the multi award winning PurePlay Z3 2.0 offers an upgraded chipset featuring Bluetooth 5.2, wireless charging, Hear Through mode and the new PureControl app. Exclusively designed and professionally tuned Graphene drivers in the core of the PurePlay Z3 2.0 create a clean, balanced and powerful sound: for an ultimate wireless and truly immersive experience.
- PURECONTROL APP & LDX AUDIO: The PureControl app offers access to the high quality 7-band EQ, LDX Audio mode, Hear Through mode, button customization, Find My Earbuds and much more. The new LDX Audio mode adds a new dimension to the listening experience with a designated audio profile developed specifically for the Z3 2.0. Available for iOS and Android.
- EXTENDED LISTENING: To make sure the PurePlay Z3 2.0 earphones are always ready for action they provide 10 hours playtime on a single charge and with the included fabric case, the PurePlay Z3 2.0 earphones can be charged a further 7 times extending the full playtime to 80 hours.
- BLUETOOTH 5.2: Equipped with the latest Qualcomm chipset with aptX and ACC high-quality audio codecs, the PurePlay Z3 2.0 True Wireless earphones support advanced Bluetooth 5.2 to provide an even more stable wireless connection with extended range.
- EASY CONTROL & HEAR THROUGH MODE: Easy to use buttons on the PurePlay Z3 2.0 helps avoid accidental button presses and prevents the need to push onto the earphone; PurePlay Z3 2.0 also uses this button to activate Hear Through mode and voice assistance.
If you’d ask me, “Hey, which wireless earbuds would you go for under $100?” My answer would be the Lypertek Tevi. Wonder why? Read along!
Lypertek is a relatively new brand and has taken the audio world by storm, but it’s possible you haven’t heard of it yet! Since it’s a new brand, Lypertek hasn’t invested much in advertising, thus a mostly unknown brand.
However, suppose you’d Google for Lypertek Tevi reviews. In that case, you’ll find rave reviews about the product that kind of get lost in a sea that’s already filled with numerous True Wireless Stereo Headphones.
You’d be wondering, why is Lypertek Tevi receiving rave reviews? I’ll tell you in a moment. On the phone call quality front, this TWS ear buds come with Qualcomm’s cVc 8.0 mic noise-canceling technology that suppresses surrounding noise and improves your overall voice output.
In case you are wondering how to change mic sensitivity windows 10 here is our simple step by step guide.
This feature enables you to speak quietly on a call, even in a crowded and noisy environment, and the opposite party won’t have qualms about not hearing you properly. Secondly, the Lypertek Tevi has an excellent built quality and design.
Its fabric-covered case is slightly larger compared to the competition. Still, it features a large battery and can keep them alive for 70 hours. 10 hours battery in the ear buds and 60 hours of battery in the case. A longer battery ensures that you can take multiple calls throughout the day without worrying about your ear buds dying on you.
When you’re in a hurry situation, Lypertek Tevi offers up to 2 hours of battery with just 15 minutes of charge time. Remember, earlier I talked about why this TWS earbud is receiving rave reviews? While most TWS earphones under $100 offer a nice package. When it comes to sound quality, they crumple due to their smaller casing that hosts the drivers, battery, and other wireless tech.
On the other hand, Lypertek Tevi has turned the industry on its heads because it offers a Hi-Fi audio listening experience from your TWS earbuds.
With the help of high-end Qualcomm Bluetooth audio SOC, TWS plus technology, 32-bit audio processor, and Kalimba DSP – the Lypertek Tevi can offer an acoustically unique sound that is incomparable to its competition.
Additionally, it offers an IPX7 rating, APTX AAC for lossless audio, and a comfortable fit that can be used for longer hours without any issues.
- Qualcomm’s cVc 8.0 tech ensures clear voice
- Excellent built quality and design
- IPX7 certified
- It offers the best audio quality compared to other TWS
- Combined battery of 70 hrs
- Offers Qualcomm TWS plus technology for advanced
- AptX technology enables listening to lossless audio
- Available at a comfortable pricing point
- The fabric-covered case is slightly bigger
5. Sennheiser CX 400BT– Best Cheap Earbuds for Phone Calls
- Audio quality is our top priority: Experience great sound with a 7 millimeter dynamic driver and a wide range of Bluetooth codec support
- Long battery life (20 hours) and comfortable wearing: Get up to 20 hours of music playtime with one charge - The ergonomic design offers optimal comfort and secure fit with 4 ear adapter sizes
- Personalize to your everday needs: Fully adaptable controls for music, calls and voice assistant - Built-in audio equalizer adapts the sound to your personal preferences
- Full digital control with our app: Our Smart Control app for iOS / Android allows all of the earphone functionalities to be modified to your personal choice
- Enjoy outstanding sound quality no matter your mobile device or your surroundings with our wide range of audio codec support including AAC, aptX, SBC and passive Noise Cancelling
If you’re looking for the best true wireless earbuds for phone calls without splurging too much, you won’t go wrong with the Sennheiser CX 400BT. Sennheiser is considered one of the best audio brands globally and their various products cater to a diverse audience.
The Sennheiser CX 400BT is available in two colors: Black and White – and offers all the necessary features that you’ll need in the best Bluetooth earbuds for phone calls. While it comes in a compact case, the earbuds, when worn, protrude a bit outside than other true wireless ones on our list. It’s not a practical issue; however, some of you’ll want your earbuds to fit flush in your ears.
Talking about its calling quality, the earbuds do a fairly decent job. The person on the other end won’t have an issue hearing your voice. Sennheiser markets these as noise-canceling earbuds; however, they don’t feature active noise-canceling technology that we’ve seen in our other truly wireless earbud.
For the pricing it’s offered at, it’s not an issue, and the absence of noise-canceling isn’t a deal-breaker as well. Just like the Jabra Elite 75T, the CX 400BT doesn’t offer ear hooks. While the Jabra’s stay remarkably well in your ears, the same cannot be said about the CX 400BT.
These do sit tight as you’re sitting or walking – add in a little activity, along with calling, and they can move around, breaking the seal. Thus, if you wander around a lot, I wouldn’t recommend getting these earbuds and see them fall off without you realizing it. Having said that, the Sennheiser CX 400BT does a fairly good job when it comes to sound quality.
The sound quality on these earphones is comparatively better than the Jabra Elite 75T which costs an additional $50. However, suppose you want to stay in the Sennheiser brand stable and want the best wireless earbuds for phone calls from Sennheiser. In that case, you can go with their top-of-the-line Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 earbuds.
- Compact size
- Excellent sound quality
- Minimalist design
- Offers decent call quality at an affordable price
- Comes with AptX codec and Bluetooth 5.1 for a lossless
- Protrude slightly from the ears
- Not suitable for an active lifestyle
6. Apple Airpods Pro– Best Bluetooth Earbuds For Phone Calls
- Active noise cancellation for immersive sound
- Transparency mode for hearing and connecting with the world around you
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit
- Sweat and water resistant
- Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to the shape of your ear
Want the best iPhone earbuds for phone calls? You wouldn’t go wrong with the Apple Airpods EarBuds Pro. The Apple Airpods Pro is probably the most popular true wireless ones for phone calls by a large margin.
However, they are optimized to work flawlessly with Apple products, thereby limiting their usage to a selective demographic. As you’d know, the True Earbuds craze began with Apple Airpods.
Now the brand has done one-better and released the Apple Airpods Pro for an audience that expects a lot more from their Airpods. Available in white, the Apple Airpods Pro features an eartip-inclusive design that ensures you get a proper seal.
This feature, in turn, elevates the active noise canceling technology experience offered with this wireless earbud. On the pro calling front, the Airpods Pro does a respectable job. With proper software optimization, they work like a charm while taking phone calls, irrespective of your environment.
The Active Noise Cancellation technology helps block outside noise very well. However, with the active noise cancellation feature turned on, you might notice the call volume drop by a few notches.
Once you turn off the ANC mode (or, as Apple likes to call it, Transparency mode), the call quality resumes to its previous mode and works alright from there. Compared to the regular Airpods, the Airpods Pro are incredibly comfortable due to its silicone eartips design. Moreover, Apple has upgraded the drivers.
Thus you can enjoy a professional-grade audio listening experience from small earbuds. Also, with the help of our tutorial, you can use apple earbuds on pc! Talking about its battery life, Apple claims the Airpods Pro can offer up to 24 hrs of total battery and up to 4.5 hrs of battery in one go.
These claims are actually valid, and you can achieve the claimed battery performance in real life usage. However, if you use the Active Noise Cancelling feature throughout, expect the battery to drop 20-30% faster.
- The perfect earbuds for Apple iPhone and iPad users
- Offers good noise cancellation technology
- Better fit when compared to regular Airpods
- Offered in a compact casing
- Extremely well-built
- Slightly overpriced
- Sound quality not up-to-mark when compared to its
7. Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro– Best Cheap Wireless for Phone Calls:
- Astria Coaxial Acoustic Architecture: A state-of-the-art design which integrates a customized Knowles balanced armature and an 11mm dynamic driver into a single body. Aligned direct-to-ear, Astria completely eliminates interference while producing harmonized treble and bass for jaw-dropping sound.
- In-Ear Studio Performance: Liberty 2 Pro is recommended by 10 Grammy Award winning producers. Sound is delivered at stadium-scale with impeccable depth and nuance. Every instrument presented perfectly across an expansive soundstage for a stunning representation of what the sound engineer and artist hoped you would hear.
- 8-Hour Playtime*: A single charge of the earbuds gives 8 hours of audio, with 4 more full recharges from the charging case. The charging case recharges via fast-charge USB-C or wireless charging, and provides the earbuds with 2 hours of listening from a 10-minute charge.
- HearID Custom Sound: To ensure everyone gets a perfect listening experience, HearID intelligently analyses your unique hearing profile and creates a tailor-made sound setup just for your ears. Or take complete control of the sound with an adjustable EQ or 22 preset sound profiles.
- Quad-Microphone Calls: With 4 microphones and cVc 8.0 noise reduction, your voice is isolated and transmitted in high-clarity for a seamless hands-free experience.
While this true wireless earbud has a mouthful name, it does delivers when it comes to overall performance.
While Anker already has a Soundcore Liberty 2, the Liberty 2 Pro, on the other hand, offers a much premium experience that you’d expect from earphones twice its price. Along with being the best wireless earbuds for calling, the Liberty 2 Pro is customized to offer you an enthralling music listening experience.
This experience is unparalleled by any other true wireless earbuds in its price range. While these are fitted with 4 microphones, they do not offer an Active Noise Cancelling feature.
These microphones are in-turn used to offer a supreme voice quality while calling. Thus the person on the other end can hear your voice clearly without you having to speak louder.
Talking about its design, these look and weigh somewhat larger than its competition. Therefore using them while doing gym, running, exercising, and other activities is a strict no-no. Having said that, the package does come with multiple ear hooks that help keep the earbud in place for longer duration.
However, the additional weight might loosen the proper seal. In contrast, you can use them comfortably while walking or traveling. After your calls are done, they shine when you switch to listen to music.
They offer an extremely virtuous sound quality that you can only expect from expensive the best wired earbuds. The upgraded drivers also offer the extra oomph during your calls.
Thus you can clearly hear what the other person (on a call) is saying without making them repeat. The carrying case has a slide-out cover that reveals the headphones. With a 10-minute charge, they can offer up to 2 hrs of usage.
However, in total, Anker claims the charging case can offer up to 32 hrs of battery life. In one-go, they can last up to 8 hour.
- The carrying case supports wireless charging
- You get a nice fit through the various ear hooks and
eartips provided in the case
- It offers up to 22 EQ settings for a better audio
- Ideal for a professional-grade sound listening
- Hard to achieve the claimed battery life
- Due to its weight, they can get a bit uncomfortable to
wear after few hour
8. Bowers & Wilkins PX7– Best Corded Earbuds for Phone Calls
- Built from Legend drivers that push the sound forward The 43mm drivers in the Px7 are the largest in our headphone collection built and tuned by the same engineers behind the Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series diamond speakers used in Abbey road studios
- Cancels noise clean out adaptive noise cancelling that automatically Responds to your environment to keep the outside world out of the music
- 30 hours of possibility you can do a lot in 30 hours You could fly from California to London and back with some time to spare You could also Start a band or see every stage At The festival twice Listen uninterrupted on a single battery charge And if that’s not enough a 15 minute quick charge gets you 6 more hours
- Follow your lead the Px7 obeys your every move Lift an ear cup to hear what’s happening around you and the music automatically stops Put it back and the music plays on.Note:If you face issue in Bluetooth connectivity please turn off the Bluetooth function for a couple of minutes, then turn it back on
- Inspired by race cars The carbon fiber composite arms of the Px7 mimic the strength and agility of the fastest vehicles in the world channeling pure sound to you and holding up against everyday wear and tear So Throw them in your overnight bag or your work bag and get ready to plunge into sound
Want to make a style statement while attending your calls? Then, you wouldn’t go wrong with the luxurious Bowers & Wilkin PX7 over-ear Wireless Headphones.
Available in Silver, Carbon, and Space Grey version – the PX7 offers a sense of luxury while you’re using them. Hence, I’ve featured them in our list in case you want the best Bluetooth headset for phone calls.
On the color front, I prefer the Silver version because it offers a nice contrast between the black-colored earpads and lower headband, metal finish on the earcup casing, and silver fabric inserts around the outer earcups and upper headband.
Bowers & Wilkins PX7 are now lighter and comfortable compared to its previous iteration. At the same time, they offer a longer battery of 30 hour in one go. Hence, even if you use this headphone for a couple of hour through the day, it can run you full 2 weeks. When in a hurry, the headphones can offer up to 6 hour of battery by charging for just 15 minutes.
The earcups are fitted with proximity sensors that pause the audio once you remove it from your ears to save battery further. If worn again, the audio starts from where you left off. It offers adaptive active noise-canceling technology with ambient pass-through for specific sounds.
Consider, you’re making a call using this headphone in a noisy airport; however, with the ambient pass through feature, you’ll be able to hear flight announcements without taking your PX7 off. To improve your audio listening experience, the Bowers & Wilkins PX7 is equipped with AptX HD technology that allows you to listen to high-bitrate audio without the use of wires.
While taking calls, you can use these headphones for a longer time due to its comfortable fit. However, if your ears get sweaty, it is recommended to take a break.
- Luxurious design and sturdy built quality
- Supports AptX HD technology
- The package comes with a large fabric-covered hard case
- Adaptive Noise Cancelling technology is a boon for most
- Offers 30 hour of battery life
- Sits in the premium bracket
- Other than Silver, other colors look bland and don’t
offer a premium & luxurious feel
- Heavy, when compared to earbuds
9. Sony WFXB700– Best Earbuds for Call Quality
- Truly wireless design with BLUETOOTH wireless technology for total freedom
- Product Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears, you may not obtain the correct sound qualities or call performance. Change the earbud tips to ones that fit more snugly in your ears
- EXTRA BASS for deep, punchy sound
- Up to 9hr battery life, total 18hr with charging case
- Easy and clear hands-free calling
If you don’t want to splurge a lot while looking for the earbuds for phone calls, then the Sony WFXB700/B has your back. Priced close to $50, it offers all the necessary features that you’d expect from a true wireless earbuds.
Compared to pricier ones in our list, the Sony WFXB700 stick out quite a bit from your ears, yet it won’t be an issue because they are lightweight. These are available in Black and Blue colors with a body casing that offers both glossy and matte finish.
Due to its protruding design, the inbuilt microphone can easily pick your voice without you having to speak louder than required. However, it doesn’t feature the fancy tech that we’ve seen in pricier ones mentioned above.
Thus make sure your background noise is minimum while using these headphones. In one-go, these offer up to 9 hour of battery life, which can be extended to 18 hour with the carrying case.
Sony WFXB700 are water and sweat resistant with IPX4 rating. Thus, using them while working out won’t be an issue. While these headphones don’t feature touch controls, you can manage various controls using the small button sitting under each earbud.
The left earbud can control volume, while the right earbud controls play/pause, next/previous track, and receive/end calls.
The provided carrying/charging case has a translucent top cover. It has the shape of an elongated capsule that can fit easily in your pocket without any issue. On the sound quality front, it is a bass-boosted earbud; thus you can enjoy your favorite modern music on-the-go.
- Available at an affordable price
- Offers support for AAC and SBC codecs
- USB-C charging
- Offers excellent passive noise isolation
- The inbuilt microphone picks up your voice clearly
- Not recommended for an active lifestyle
- Slightly heavier than its competition
Alternative Video: Best Call Earbuds
How to Find the Best Earbuds for Phone Calls?
Here are two important factors to consider when looking for the best earbuds for phone calls:
1. Microphone Quality
First and foremost, you must assess the microphone’s quality. However, in order to evaluate mic quality, it is necessary to first understand how a microphone works and what constitutes a “good-quality” microphone.
Working of a Microphone
A microphone captures sound waves and converts them into audible signals. The conversion process varies depending on the microphone. However, all microphones share one feature: the diaphragm.
A microphone cannot function as a transducer in the absence of a diaphragm. This means that without a diaphragm, it cannot convert sound waves into audio signals. The diaphragm vibrates, causing vibration in the microphone’s components.
These vibrations are converted into electric currents, which are then converted into audio signals. The audio signals are then converted back into sound by the earbuds’ speakers (acoustic energy).
Types of Microphones in Earbuds for Phone Calls
Earbuds for phone calls have one of two types of microphones:
- Micro-Electro-Mechanical-System (MEMS)
- Electret Condenser Microphone (ECM)
Both serve the same purpose, as previously discussed. There are, however, some key distinctions between these two types of microphones.
Both MEMS and ECM microphones have advantages and disadvantages. As a result, determining which one is best for earbuds with phone calls is difficult. Some earbuds have MEMS microphones, while others have ECM microphones. Nonetheless, MEMS is used in the majority of devices such as headphones, earbuds, tablets, smartphones, and so on.
2. Comfort and Fit
You’ll all agree that both business and personal calls can drag on indefinitely. It’s difficult to predict when a call will end. As a result, it is critical that the earbuds you intend to purchase are both comfortable and fit perfectly in your ears. Inadequately fitting earbuds can cause ear discomfort and hearing loss.
Make certain that the earbuds you intend to purchase have soft ear tips. Most earbuds for phone calls come with a variety of ear tips to ensure a comfortable fit.
Consider the design as well as the weight. True wireless earbuds are the most comfortable because they don’t have any wires. Earbuds that fit properly also provide better call quality because they prevent outside noise from entering.
Things to Consider while Buying the Earbuds for Phone Calls
1. Connectivity Options
While buying the best earphones (with microphone) for phone calls, there are 3 connectivity options available:
- True Wireless Stereo (TWS)
There hasn’t been a lot of development in the wired sound category for the past few years. Thus we’ve focused on listing Wireless and TWS ones in our list.
It’s because these two connectivity options save you from strangling wires and give you a true hands-free sound feel. However, if you’re not willing to spend that much, reliable wired earphones come right under $15. In comparison, there’s no limit to your options in the Wireless and TWS category.
2. Active Noise Canceling Technology
Most in our list of earbuds for phone calls feature Active Noise Canceling technology. A couple of years ago, this technology was limited only to headphones. However, with the introduction of Apple Airpods Pro, major audio manufacturers like Bose, Sony, Sennheiser, Jabra, and more have introduced it in their TWS headphones.
Active Noise Canceling technology works by canceling ambient noise that can creep into your ears while using headphones. This ambient noise, along with the audio coming from your earbuds, can make your ears feel stressed-out. On the other hand, active noise cancellation technology cancels out this ambient noise and allows you to use your earphones for phone calls or music for a longer time.
Additionally, many feature multiple levels of Active Noise Canceling. Using these sound levels, you can configure how much ambient noise pass-through you want. This feature is called as Hearing Pass-Through mode.
For example, if you’re sitting in an airport and want to hear the announcements while blocking surrounding ambient noise. It is possible with many ANC earphones meant by using the desired levels. Most of these settings can be controlled through the earbud’s smartphone app.
We all know that certain phone call sessions can run longer. At this point, having ear buds that offer maximum comfort is a boon.
Ear buds like Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro and Live has given away with silicon ear tip design, just so that it can sit flush in your ears for a longer time for better sound. Weight is also an additional factor that can hamper the headphones comfort.
Ear buds that weigh a little too much can quickly tire your ears or move around a bit while you’re standing up or walking. Having said that, it isn’t recommended to use earphones for a long duration in one-go.
I recommend taking breaks from your earphones after intervals of 1 hour.
4. Battery Life
What good will the best earbuds for calling be if it can’t even last for 2 hour in one go, right? With the advent of TWS earbuds, manufacturers benefit from fitting a battery in the earphones and the carrying case.
Thus, manufactures can keep your earphones lightweight while offering you better total battery life. In this article, I’ve made sure that you get ample battery from your earphones in one-go and the charging/carrying case.
Any earphone you pick from our list will offer over 4 hour of battery in one-go and a total battery of over 18 hour. These sound stats are more than enough for any one to last between 4-7 days and more, depending on your usage.
Conclusion on Best Earbuds for Phone Calls
I hope this article was able to help you pick the right phone call headphones. If you’re still confused, with eyes-closed, you can go with our #1 pick, i.e., Bose QuietComfort.
It offers the best ANC technology in the market right now, longer battery life, and a lightweight body. If budget is your concern, you can go with my favorite Lypertek Tevi that offers a magical sound and musical experience in the form of TWS earbuds.
Lypertek Tevi is available at an affordable point and looks pricier than it is. Want to make a fashionable statement while taking your calls?
If that’s your case, you should check out the Bowers & Wilkers PX7. While it’s no comparison to a sound TWS or wireless headphones compactness, the PX7 offers a luxurious feel and better ANC tech than TWS earbuds. Moreover, it is comfortable to use for a longer time due to its over-ear headphone design.
FAQs About Best Earbuds for Phone Calls
Are AirPods good for conference calls?
Yes, AirPods are excellent for conference calls such as Zoom or Microsoft Meetings because they are wireless (no cables), have good audio quality, and fit comfortably in your ears. The disadvantage of using AirPods for Zoom calls is that the microphone quality is poor sometimes.
Can you answer calls with Bluetooth earbuds?
Yes, you can answer calls, once you’ve paired your phone with your bluetooth headset, your headset will beep whenever your phone rings. All you have to do is press the button on the side of the headset to answer the call. You do not need to touch the phone at all, and it can be left alone.
Can you make phone calls with earbuds?
Yes, you can use earphones to make phone calls on both Android and iOS devices. All you have to do is use Bluetooth to connect or pair your headphones to your device.
Do wireless earbuds work for phone calls?
Yes, you can use wireless earbuds for phone calls because the majority of wireless earbuds have microphones; some have multiple microphones to pick up your voice more clearly.
To put it simply, electrostatic headphones convert audio signals to sound waves, converting electrical energy into mechanical wave energy. The actual operation of the electrostatic headphones...
Top 10 Best Wireless TV Speakers You Should Buy (Complete Buying Guide)
A home theater system is the focal point of any modern living room. When it comes to watching your favorite content these days, high-definition television reigns supreme. However,...