Even with the best of products, there is always a chance of things going wrong. One such situation is when your AirPods operate at a very low volume making it almost impossible to use them!
So, why are my AirPods so quiet and how do I make them louder?
To fix your sound issue, the first thing you need to do is to jack up the volume levels on the device that is connected to the AirPods. That usually solves the problem of low volume as people often keep changing the volume settings on their phones.
However, if raising the volume is still now helping out and the AirPods volume is at a low level then you might need to perform additional troubleshooting steps. We have highlighted some simple steps you can perform to solve the issue of low volume on your Apple AirPods.
How To Make Airpods Louder
Here are the steps to make Airpods Louder:
- Use Siri to Increase Airpods Volume
- Check Airpods range
- Turn off low power mode
- Charge your iPhone
- Charge your AirPods and the case
- Check Audio Settings
- Clean AirPods
- Check your music app settings
- Reset the AirPods
- Contact Apple Technical Support
1. Use Siri to Increase Airpods Volume
Did you know that you can also ask Siri to raise the iPhone volume? It’s an amazing feature. In the first generation AirPods, you need to double-tap on the top back section of the AirPod and this wakes up Siri.
You can then ask her to raise or lower the volume. Pretty handy right? Especially when you don’t have your device close to you! In case you are facing no sound issue, here is a solution for airpods not playing sound.
2. Check Airpods range
Every wireless device has a limited range within which it can operate. The same is true for the Apple Airpods. Are you too far off from your device when you use your AirPods?
If so, try moving closer to see if the volume experience improves or not. At times, when you are out of range or nearing the outer limit, you might experience issues with volume. Also, sometimes you might face airpods flashing orange – for which there is an easy solution!
3. Turn off low power mode
Another big reason for your AirPods to have low volume could be the fact that the iPhone is limiting the volume on the AirPods. This could have when the phone is on low power mode. To save battery energy, volume levels and other features of the AirPods could experience reduced performance. To turn off low power mode on the iPhone,
- Open Settings on the iPhone
- Navigate to the option for Battery
- You will now see an option for Low Power Mode
- If it is on switch it off
4. Charge your iPhone
As mentioned in the earlier point, a low battery level on your iOS device can often lead to reduced AirPod performance and the best way to overcome this issue is to charge your device. Do note that you can still use your AirPods to which the devices are being charged but if they have an extremely low battery level, then we recommend you switch them off for a few minutes first.
Once they have a good amount of charge, you can switch on the iOS device, re-pair with the AirPods, and then see if this fixed your volume issues or not.
5. Charge your AirPods and the case
This point is related to the previous points since it is related to the battery levels. Just like how your iOS devices may run on reduced functionalities due to low battery levels, the same could happen on the Apple AirPods as well. At times, to conserve battery, electronics make adjustments to their performance levels. To charge your Apple Airpods,
- Place the Apple AirPods back in their case
- Close the lid
- This starts the charging of the AirPods
If your AirPods case has a low charge then do the following to charge it.
- Use the lightning connector that came with your case
- Plug it into your AirPod case
- Put the other end into a USB plug
- Use them once they are sufficiently charged and see if the volume problem re-appears
6. Check Audio Settings
Apart from adjusting the volume levels, other audio settings could affect the output on your AirPods. One of these features is Volume Limit. To switch off the volume limit, do the following
- Open the Settings on the iOS device
- Scroll down and look for the Music menu
- Click on it and inside you should see an option for Playback
- Open that and now you should see Volume Limit
- If it is turned on, switch it off
This usually results in a high volume output from the iOS device and should be able to fix the problem of your Apple AirPods being so quiet. In addition to adjusting these settings, you can also try adjusting the sound balance. To do that
- Open the Settings menu on the iOS device
- Look for the Accessibility option and open that menu
- Scroll down to find the Hearing option
- Under that, select Audio/Visual
- You will see Balance and a slider with it
- Make sure that it is in the center. If not adjust it
There is another process you can follow to solve the problems of your Apple AirPods being so quiet. This is the Equilizer setting on your iOS Device.
To check these settings, follow the below process.
- Click on the Settings icon on the device
- Navigate to the Music option in the Settings menu
- Here you will see the settings for Equalizer
- Under EQ settings, you will many presets
- Try switching off the presets or selecting different presets like Flat, Acoustic, Loudness, Dance, etc
7. Clean AirPods
Dirty AirPods are one of the most common reasons for low volume. If you look closely at the AirPods, you will see a mesh grill on the speaker that goes into your ear. This can get clogged with ear wax, dirt, and dust and needs to be cleaned.
8. Check your music app settings
The next step to solving the problem of your Apple AirPods being quiet can also be related to the music app you are using. Open the music app on your device and look for the settings. If there is an option for volume enhancement try changing that to see if the volume level improves.
Alternatively, you can also try the in-built equalizer settings on the music app to see if it makes any difference to the volume levels.
9. Reset the AirPods
Let’s say you have tried everything else mentioned in this article and you are still not able to fix the problem of your Apple AirPods being so quiet. Then as a last resort, you can try resetting your AirPods. Here is what you will need to do.
- Place your Apple AirPods into their case and close the lid
- Wait for about 30 seconds to one minute
- Now open the charging case lid
- On your iOS device, open the Settings menu. Or the Bluetooth option
- You should see the AirPods listed in your Bluetooth settings
- Click on the i symbol next to your AirPods
- Now, select Forget This Device
- By doing this, you are unpairing the AirPods from your iOS device
- Once this is done, keep the AirPod case lid open and then long-press the Setup button on the case
- Do this for about 15-20 seconds and you will see a flashing amber light that later turns to white
- Your AirPods are in pairing mode and you can now pair them with your device once more
- Make sure that the AirPods are close to the iOS device and you now need to follow the instructions that are flashed on the screen
10. Contact Apple Technical Support
If nothing else works, then you have no option but to get professional help. Most of the solutions that we discussed above help get rid of most software bugs. However, if your Apple AirPods are experiencing a hardware problem then there is nothing we or you can do to help. Contact Apple Support or your local technicians to fix the AirPods.
Before you get anyone to work on the AirPods, check if they still are under the warranty. If they are, then Apple will mostly replace them with a new product. Otherwise, you will have to fund the repair yourself. And if you are getting them repaired, then always to an authorized showroom. Otherwise, the service quality won’t be great!
How to Make AirPods Louder Tutorial Video?
Here is a video to help you make your Airpods Louder.
Conclusion on Airpods So Quiet
When you face issues with your AirPods being quiet, there is nothing to panic about. Most of the time, it could be a software glitch and can be fixed by performing simple steps. However, at times you might be required to follow more steps that we have listed in this article.
Hope our solutions have helped you solve the issue with your Apple AirPods. If you follow them in the process we have laid down then you should be able to fix them. If nothing works, you must take them to the nearest Apple Store and let the professionals handle the rest! In the worst-case scenario, you might have to replace the AirPods and hopefully, they are under warranty!
FAQ on Make Airpods Louder
How do I increase the volume on my AirPods?
If you have a second- or third-generation AirPods or AirPods Pro and want to change the volume, you can now do so without tapping or squeezing your earbuds. Simply say, “Hey Siri, increase the volume” or “Hey Siri, decrease the volume.”
Is there a volume button on AirPods Pro?
To go back in time, triple-press the force sensor. To adjust the volume, say “Hey Siri,” followed by “Turn up the volume” or “Turn down the volume.” Alternatively, you can move the volume slider in the app you’re listening to, on the Lock Screen, or in Control Center.
Why is my AirPod volume so low?
Examine each AirPod’s microphone and speaker mesh. If you observe any debris, clean your AirPods according to the instructions in this post and see if it solves the problem. Make sure the balance is set in the center by going to Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Balance.
How do I adjust the volume on my AirPods without Siri?
How Do You Control Volume With AirPods (First and Second Generation) Without Using Siri?
1. You can access the Control Center if your phone is not locked.
2. When you’re in the control panel, you can adjust the volume by sliding the volume slider up or down.
How to Use Earbuds for Phone Calls? When you use earbuds for phone calls, you free up your hands for more important tasks that demand your attention. For example,...
The best earbuds for Riding Motorcycle is you're wearing a massive weight in your ears, which can make listening to music for extended periods of time quite uncomfortable. This is why the Anker...