Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg is a famous YouTuber from Sweden popularly known as PewDiePie or Pewds. Each and everything that he uses becomes a trend amongst his followers including his headphones.
Most gamers want to know what headphones does PewDiePie uses on his youtube videos so they can buy the same headphones.
So, What headphones does PewDiePie use?
The Headphones which PewDiePie is using currently are the Razer PewDiePie Kraken Pro v2. It is an analog gaming headset that is in custom Red color and has been custom-made for him by the brand Razer. You will find PewDiePie’s name written on the headphone on both sides too.
Some of the specifications of this headset are
- It has an exclusive PewDiePie design and belongs to the Razer Kraken Pro V2 series
- It comes with a Mic and a quick mute toggle
- It connectivity technology it uses is VGA, Display port, Mini Display port, Audio in and out port, Wired and DVI
- The audio channel it uses is Stereo
- The length of the connector is 3.5mm long
- The drivers used in this headphone come with 50Mm and Neodymium Magnets
- The frame of the headphone is made of Bauxite Aluminium and it comes with extended durability
- It also comes with Kevlar reinforced cable which is ultra-durable
- The connection that is used is Analog
- The ear cushions in these gaming headphones are oval which helps in wearing them for long and also gives a complete ear coverage
- The diameter of the inner cups is 56 mm / 2.2 inches which makes them very comfortable
The Razer PewDiePie Kraken Pro v2- analog gaming headsets were created with PewDiePie himself and it gives you a louder and richer sound space than you have ever experienced before. It is a lightweight and flexible headphone and has been tested extensively to ensure you have the most amazing experience while playing your games.
Also, if you are a Markiplier fan, check out What Headphones Does Markiplier Use!
Who Is PewDiePie?
PewDiePie was born Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg on October 24, 1989. He was born in Sweden and later settled in Sussex, England. He currently resides there with his wife, Marzia Bisognin. She used to have her own YouTube channel, but she retired in 2018 to focus on other things.
PewDiePie launched his YouTube channel in 2010. His Minecraft Let’s Play series was moderately successful. But it wasn’t until two years later that his channel began to gain traction. His gaming-centric videos and sense of humor have found a wide audience. He is still as popular as ever almost 11 years later.
Unfortunately, PewDiePie’s first video was removed from YouTube. He stated in a 2017 interview with friends that he does not have a copy available for public viewing. His most recent video, Minecraft Multiplayer Fun, was uploaded in October of 2010.
With over 110 million subscribers as of 2021, he has become one of the wealthiest YouTube celebrities. His fan base and influence have contributed to an annual income of approximately 930 million US dollars.
This figure is based on the earnings from his YouTube videos, online merchandise sales, and brand promotions. One of these endorsement deals included a collaboration with Razer, a brand he has used since the beginning of his YouTube career.
What are some other headphones used by PewDiePie?
Apart from the PewDiePie Razer Kraken Pro v2, PewDiePie uses Razer Nari Ultimate -PewDiePie edition. He loves to use Razer products and always recommends them.
- THX SPATIAL AUDIO: Breaks the boundaries of defined 5.1 and 7.1 channel surround to deliver seamless 360° positional audio for a more natural and lifelike experience *Available with Razer Synapse
- HYPERSENSE TECHNOLOGY: Features haptic technology that creates touch-sensory feedback for lifelike sensations based on audio cues either in-game, while listening to music, or watching videos
- 2.4 GHz WIRELESS AUDIO: With audio controls directly on the headset, you can do everything from adjusting volume to muting your mic on the fly
- RETRACTABLE MIC WITH GAME/CHAT BALANCE: For the perfect mix of game audio and team communication
- COOLING GEL-INFUSED CUSIONS: Reduce heat build-up, while a soft cloth and leatherette combination provides comfort and sound isolation so you can enjoy gaming for hours
These Razer headphones are specially designed for gamers as they are durable, a bit heavy, and have got thick padding for the ears which makes it comfortable to wear them for longer hours.
The gaming headphones also come with 50mm drivers which produce clear and crisp sound and use the THX Spatial Audio which helps in producing surround sound. The surround sound headphones also have a very sensitive Hyper sense which makes it interesting for the gamers to play their favorite games.
If you are not very particular about having the PewDiePie series gaming headphones but would like to use a music headphone that has been tried and tested by him and is a very good one then you can opt for a headset such as
- Gaming grade 2.4GHz wireless connection, with up to 30 hours of battery life
- Signature HyperX comfort and immersive in game audio
- Durable, adjustable steel slider
- PC, PS4, and PS4 Pro ready
- 90° rotating ear cups with LED lighting effects
This one is a wireless headphone for a gamer and an alternative to the Nari Ultimate and is more comfortable. It is much lighter than the Nari Ultimate, and the shape of the ears also makes it more comfortable for the ears.
Razer Electra Gaming Headset
- The Razer Electra V2 USB boasts custom tuned, high quality 40mm audio drivers that extend a well-controlled bass and deliver excellent sound quality
- With its suspended headrest and lightweight, durable frame, the Razer Electra V2 USB ensures comfort over extended gaming sessions
- Razer's advanced virtual 7.1 surround sound software lets you calibrate your audio for a personalized 360-degree gaming experience
- The Razer Electra V2 USB comes with a detachable boom mic that provides additional flexibility — plug in to get voice clarity when gaming, remove when you want an undistracted music listening experience
- Featuring plush leatherette ear cushions that pivot to provide the perfect fit on your ears, the Razer Electra V2 USB ensures that you hear only the good stuff by providing excellent sound isolation
The Razer Electra is not PewDiePie’s first set of headphones. But they’re easily one of the most iconic he’s worn, and they came just as his channel began to gain traction with a wider audience. This 2012 video featured one of their earliest appearances.
Around this time, PewDiePie’s uploaded videos were mostly about horror games. This could explain why he chose a gaming headset with above-average sound quality. The Razer Electra are wired headphones that are large but well-made and comfortable.
When worn for extended periods of time, however, some pressure may be felt. Furthermore, the detachable microphone is quite good without being overly sensitive. The 40 mm drivers produce above-average sound quality.
You may, however, find yourself turning up the volume to get more out of them. The bass is adequate, but it fades too quickly. These were clearly marketed toward middle-of-the-road gamers. Expect little from their performance in media other than gaming. The sounds are only passable for the price, but they’re worth a look.
Razer Kraken Pro Neon Analog Gaming Headset
- Built-in advanced 7.1 virtual surround sound engine enables the Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 to deliver positional audio with pinpoint accuracy. Made of Bauxite aluminum, the new and improved headband of the Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 is both lightweight and extremely flexible
- Customize the surround sound to your listening preferences via Razer Synapse and know exactly where the enemy is coming from to strike with precision and secure your win
- Engineered to enable on-demand crystal-clear communication, the Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 features a fully-retractable microphone with active mic noise cancellation capability
- The Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 features 50mm audio drivers custom tuned for balanced and crystal-clear in-game audio and communication, Cable length: 2 m / 6.6 ft
- Oval ear cushions-Designed for full-ear coverage, perfect for long-wearing comfort. Sensitivity at 1 kHz- 123 dB. Drivers with neodymium magnets. Microphone available on PC Only
Kraken Pro Neon headphones are available in a variety of colors. However, Pewdiepie chose to wear the neon red version in the majority of his 2014 videos. One of their first appearances was in a horror game’s gameplay footage. Aside from sound quality, one of the criteria for a good gaming headset is how comfortable it is.
The Kraken Neon Pro scores highly in this category. They have a lot of cushioning for comfort. They’re also lightweight, weighing only 0.65 lbs. Because these headphones are wired, there is no latency to worry about when using them online.
With 40 mm drivers, the Kraken Neon Pro produces above-average sound. They place an emphasis on the lows (which is beneficial in games), while the mids are quite good. Meanwhile, the highs are of poor quality. As a result, they ultimately deliver above-average overall sound quality.
Headphones used by PewDiePie Over The Years
Unlike many, PewDiePie has been using different headphones for the past couple of years and some of his most used and popular headphones are
- Razer Kraken Gaming headset
- Razer Kraken Forged Edition
- Razer Electra gaming headset
- Sennheiser Game zero
- Sennheiser ES 170
- Corsair H2100 Wireless gaming headset
Why should you buy the same headphone as used by PewDiePie?
When it comes to reviewing a headphone you can trust PewDiePie’s review at once as he has been in this industry for a long time and has been reviewing various kinds of headsets over all these years.
He is popular on his youtube channel because of the honest reviews he makes about the headset he uses and if you are buying a headphone for the first time then you should go with his suggestion.
We hope you have enjoyed reading this article today and have got a lot of insights about the kind of headset PewDiePie uses in his videos for crystal clear communication. In fact, by now you must have decided on which headset you would like to buy next and if you have chosen the one that PewDiePie is currently using you have made a great choice.
In case for any reason the headphones are not available in the market we would recommend you to buy any other one from his best-reviewed list of headsets.
FAQs About PewDiePie Headphones
What brand of headphones does PewDiePie use?
PewDiePie is currently wearing Razer PewDiePie Kraken Pro v2 headphones. It is an analog gaming headset in custom Red color that was made for him by the brand Razer. PewDiePie’s name is also written on both sides of the headphone.
Is PewDiePie sponsored by Razer?
Razer had obviously been watching PewDiePie’s steady growth for years. They have already sponsored him several times prior to this year. In fact, in 2017, their collaboration resulted in two special editions of Razer headphones, the Kraken Pro V2 and the Nari Ultimate.
Is the Kraken headset good?
The Kraken X is far from perfect, thanks to its unimpressive music performance and non-removable microphone. However, for $50, it’s an extremely solid headset that provides good in-game sound and a comfortable fit for long periods of time. Its design is appealing and much more understated than that of some of Razer’s other audio peripherals.
What headset does Ninja use?
He currently uses the Beyerdynamic 459038 DT 990 PRO Open-Studio, a dynamic, open over-ear headphone ideal for professional editing, mastering, and mixing.
When you use Bluetooth headphones to make conversations, watch YouTube videos, play competitive games, or stream popular series on Netflix, Sound delay in Bluetooth headphones can ruin the...
The electric guitar is a great illustration of how technology and music have come together to create a beautiful instrument that allows us to explore our creativity in new ways. The...