Music is enjoyable, and if you have a Bluetooth speaker, you can connect it to any of your devices and listen to your favorite songs. If you enjoy music, you’ve probably heard of Altec Lansing speakers at some point. Bluetooth speakers are becoming increasingly popular, and the Altec Lansing H20 Mini has managed to stand out from the crowd.
You’ve come to the right place if you own this speaker but don’t know how to pair it with your device. This article will go over how to pair an Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker with various devices. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at the steps you’ll need to take.
SO, HOW TO PAIR ALTEC LANSING BLUETOOTH SPEAKER?
In order to pair Altec Lansing bluetooth speaker, you will need to open Bluetooth settings on your device (Mac/Windows/Android/iOS) and search for new devices. Once your speaker is shown, click on it to pair and get it connected.
What Are Altec Lansing Speakers?
Before we get into how you can pair Altec Lansing Speakers with your various devices, it’s important to understand what makes the Altec Lansing Speaker different from other speakers on the market.
The Altec Lansing Speaker has a long history, dating back to the 1920s, when the company that manufactures them first became involved with music and speakers. Altec Lansing and their products, on the other hand, are very much a part of the modern music industry.
The Altec Lansing Speaker is well-liked and praised by the music community due to its deft combination of size, style, and effectiveness. All Altec Lansing Speakers are small in comparison to other types of speakers and can thus be easily transported to wherever they are required.
The Altec Lansing Speaker’s stylish design is also appealing; the combination of sleek black and blue gives the Altec an electric look that ensures that when you listen to music with it, you feel like you are hearing pure electricity when you are listening to your favorite tunes.
While Altec Lansing Speakers can appear to be expensive at times, they aren’t the most expensive speakers on the market and are ideal for anyone who is serious about getting the best sound possible.
Now that we’ve explained why Altec Lansing Speakers are among the best speaker brands available, it’s time to show you how to pair them with any device you want. Most users prefer to pair their speakers with one of several phone models, but some prefer to pair them with TVs and computers as well, so we’ll go over how to do all of these different types of pairings.
What Is Altec Lansing – H2O Mini Bluetooth Speaker?
This compact Bluetooth speaker has an IP-67 waterproof rating and can even float, as the name H2O suggests. It is small and lightweight, and it can be taken anywhere, including pools, the beach, hiking, and around the house.
With an onboard microphone, users can also make and receive phone calls while seamlessly returning to their favorite audio tracks. The built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery allows for up to six hours of playback after a full charge via the included USB cable.
HOW TO PAIR ALTEC LANSING BLUETOOTH SPEAKER TO DIFFERENT DEVICES?
Take a look at the steps below and follow the one that is compatible with your device. Before you follow the below instructions, ensure that your Altec Lansing speaker is in the pairing mode and in close proximity to your audio device.
1. Pairing Altec Lansing with MacOS
Apple’s operating systems are easy to use. The procedure is the same whether you have a MacBook or iMac PC running an older or newer version of macOS.
If you are trying to pair the Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker to your Macbook, then here is what you will need to do.
- Turn on the Altec Lansing speaker and make sure it is in the pairing mode
- On the MacBook, click on the Apple logo on the top left-hand corner of the screen
- Click on System Preferences
- Now click on Bluetooth and turn it on
- Once it is turned on, you will see a list of devices on the right-hand side of the window
- Double-click on your listed speaker and both devices should get paired
- Once the pairing is confirmed, play an audio file to confirm if it is done or not
2. Pairing Altec Lansing with iPhone
In contrast to Android devices, all iOS versions are navigated in the same way. It makes no difference whether you have an iPhone or an iPad; the operating system is the same. Across all models, all menu labels and navigation steps will be the same.
As a result, figuring out how to pair Altec Lansing Bluetooth speakers with mobile Apple devices is a breeze. Here’s how to connect your Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker to an iOS device:
- Turn on the Altec Lansing speaker and make sure it is in the pairing mode
- On your iPhone, go to Settings and click on Bluetooth
- Switch on the Bluetooth and wait for your speakers to show up under Available Devices
- Once they do, select them and the pairing process will get initiated
- After it is paired, play any audio to check if it works or not
3. Pairing Altec Lansing with Windows 10 Devices
If you are using an older version of Windows, such as Windows 8, Windows 7, or even Windows XP, the process may differ slightly. If you select the option that is most similar to what is described here, you should be successful as well.
Here’s how to connect your Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker to a Windows 10 PC:
- Power on your Bluetooth speaker by pressing the power button for a couple of seconds
- On your Windows 10 device, go to the Start Menu and select Settings
- Click on Devices and then Bluetooth
- Switch on the Bluetooth
- Your speaker should feature under Other Devices. Select it and click on Pair
- In some cases, you might be asked to confirm a PIN. Click on Yes if the PIN is the correct one and your device should get paired after this
- Now, if for some reason your speakers don’t show up, click on Add Bluetooth or Other devices
- In the next screen, select Bluetooth
- The system will search for Bluetooth devices and when it finds one, it will feature there
- Click on the speakers shown there and then pair them
In case, you still are not able to pair the Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker to your Windows 10 device, then you might need to troubleshoot further with the following steps.
- Select Start and then go to the Settings
- Navigate to Update & Security and click on Troubleshoot
- In the Find & Fix other problems screen, check Bluetooth and Run the Troubleshooter
- Follow the on-screen instructions and you should be able to resolve the connection issue.
Alternative Video: How To Connect Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker To Phone?
5. Pairing Altec Lansing with Android Device
As an Android user, you’re probably already aware of the minor differences between the Android operating systems. Some of the labels and menu navigation may differ slightly depending on the software version and the device you are using.
This is meant to be a general guide to pairing Altec Lansing Bluetooth speakers with Android devices, but it should still give you a good idea of what to look for. If you can’t find the exact same phrase or title, choose the next closest option.
- Power on your Bluetooth speaker by pressing the power button for a couple of seconds. This enables the pairing mode
- On your Android device, navigate to Settings
- Look for an option for Bluetooth and then enable it
- Or you might have an option for Other Connections under which Bluetooth option will be there
- Once you switch on the Bluetooth, you should see the Altec Lansing speakers under Available Devices
- Select them and the pairing process will start. Once connected, they will feature under Paired Devices
Your speakers are now connected and you should be able to listen to audio seamlessly on the speakers.
Why Is My Bluetooth Not Pairing?
Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset Options to reset your Android phone’s Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and mobile settings.
If you have an iOS or iPadOS device, you must unpair all of your devices (select the info icon and then Forget This Device for each device) and then restart your phone.
Conclusion on Pairing Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker
Hopefully, through this article, you have learned how to pair the Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker to your audio device. Do make sure that you follow all the relevant steps listed above in the proper order to connect your speakers.
However, if you still haven’t managed to pair your speakers to your device then there could be something wrong with either your device or the speakers.
In such cases, it is best to check if your devices are covered under warranty and then get them repaired. If not, then you might have to spend some money on getting them fixed.
FAQs About Pairing Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker
My Altec Lansing speakers are not pairing. What can I do?
If your speakers are not pairing, then switch them off and turn them on once again. Press and hold the volume up and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds. This will take the speakers back to their factory settings and you should be able to now pair them using tzumi bluetooth earbuds pairing guide. Switch off and switch on your audio device as well and if required reset them if their Bluetooth isn’t working.
How to put the Bluetooth speaker into pairing mode?
To put a Bluetooth speaker into pairing mode, you will need to press and hold the power button for a couple of seconds. You should see an LED indicator flash repeatedly, indicating that the speaker is on and in pairing mode. Different devices have different ways to get them in pairing mode.
How to reset a Bluetooth speaker?
To reset your Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker, press the volume up and volume down simultaneously for a couple of seconds. This should put the speakers back into their original factory settings.
How do I connect my iPhone to my Altec Lansing speaker?
For about 8-10 seconds, press and hold the power button. Keep holding the power button down even after your speaker turns on, letting go once you see your speaker listed as a device available for pairing in your phone’s Bluetooth settings menu. Then connect to the device listed.
When you use Bluetooth headphones to make conversations, watch YouTube videos, play competitive games, or stream popular series on Netflix, Sound delay in Bluetooth headphones can ruin the...
The electric guitar is a great illustration of how technology and music have come together to create a beautiful instrument that allows us to explore our creativity in new ways. The...