Is it okay to Reset Bose Headphones?
The name Bose should be familiar to everyone who is interested in the quality of their music. Bose is a well-known audio product brand in the United States. It produces good Bose speaker with a good battery life. Moreover, Bose has earbuds, bose sleepbuds, ear headphones that can be good as apple airpods.
Almost all of this company’s products have been successful. Their quality products are the key to their success. The Bose Corporation produces a variety of high-quality items that are sold all over the world.
Here is our guide on the technical issues you may have while using your Bose Devices.
Short Answer, How to Reset Bose Headphones?
Here is how to reset your Bose Headphone. During this reset, the product settings are kept.
- Turn off your device.
- Wait 30 seconds before continuing.
- Using a USB charger, connect your device to a wall socket.
- Wait five seconds before continuing.
- Connect the USB cable to the headset and disconnect it.
- Please wait a minute.
- Power on Your Device.
Continue reading to discover the full guide on resetting bluetooth headphone and earphones. This article will walk you through the process of resetting your Bose listening devices in detail.
Step by Step on How to Reset Bose Headphones
Bose Quiet Comfort 35 Headphone
A factory reset removes all source, volume, and network settings from the system and resets it to factory defaults. To restore factory settings, press and hold the Volume – and AUX keys for 10 seconds at the same time. To re-configure your system, launch the Bose Music app and follow the on-screen instructions.
The technique for resetting your headphones is outlined below. This operation will not delete your saved preferences or pairings with other devices.
Consider this step to be a “soft reset” or an advanced device restart. Before you begin, you must have a USB cord and a charger, or a PC that is turned on.
Here’s how to go about it:
- To begin, remove your headphones and wait 30 seconds.
- Connect your QC 35 headphones to the charger, a wall outlet, or a USB port on your computer. Wait approximately 5 seconds.
- Unplug your Bose headphones after 5 seconds. Wait a second.
- Restart your Quiet Comfort as usual.
Existing issues should receive improvements. If this is not the case and your problems persist, we recommend contacting customer care because a further reset of the headset, meaning a factory reset, is not feasible. That is what we are going to reveal to you here.
Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 UC
Restore the Manufacturer’s Default Settings
The Bluetooth device list will be cleared if the factory default settings are restored.
Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button on the Bose USB Link for 7-10 seconds. When you press the USB Link button, be sure you are not in a meeting. Otherwise, in order to prevent disrupting the meeting, the Bose USB Link will not reply.
Bose QuietControl 30
- Turn off the headphones.
- Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button for 10 seconds, or until the message “Bluetooth® device list cleared” appears.
- Remove your Bose® QuietControl® headphones from your device’s Bluetooth® list. All devices have been cleared, and the headphones are prepared to link with a new device.
Bose SoundLink Revolve (+)/Bose SoundLink Mini (II)/Bose SoundLink Color (II)
- Press and hold the bluetooth® button on the speaker for 10 seconds, or until you hear “Bluetooth® device list cleared.”
- Remove the speaker from your mobile device’s Bluetooth® menu. All paired mobile devices have been cleared, and the speaker is now ready to pair again.
How to get rid of Bose Pairing List
Clear the headphone pairing list by doing the following steps:
- Turn off your headphones.
- Hold down the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds or until you hear the phrase “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
- Remove your Bose product from the Bluetooth list on your device and reconnect.
How to Re-enable Bluetooth on Bose?
- Hold down the Bluetooth Button for 10 seconds, or until you hear “Bluetooth Device List Cleared” and the Bluetooth Light blinks Blue. Remove or Forget the Speaker entry from your device. Now try to connect your device to the Speaker.
How to Pair Bose QuietComfort 35 II Headphones
Download the Bose Connect+ App to begin configuring your Bose QuietComfort 35 II headphones. The app is available for free from the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store, and it simplifies the setup procedure. All you have to do is put on your headphones and launch the app. The software will then locate your headphones and prompt you to pair them with your iPhone or iPad.
- If you don’t want to use this app, you’ll have to use the standard Bluetooth pairing method:
- Slide the power button toward the Bluetooth icon and keep it there until you hear a voice prompt indicating that the headphones are ready to pair.
- Blue blinks the Bluetooth indication as well.
- Allow your smartphone to discover new devices by opening the Bluetooth menu.
- Choose “Bose QuietComfort 35 II” from the drop-down menu.
- While connecting, a white LED on the ear cup will blink. This indicator will turn bright white and then go out once a connection is established with your Bluetooth device.
To enable Bluetooth multipoint, which allows you to connect to two devices at the same time, repeat the pairing process on a new device. After saving two devices to the Bose QC 35 II pairing list, you can connect to both devices at the same time. This is ideal for distant workers or multitaskers in general.
Procedure for Updating the Firmware Version
When you launch the Bose Connect+ app and connect your QC 35 II to it, the app will instantly download the most recent firmware (if it is available). This could take up to 45 minutes, but you can keep listening to music while it happens. After the update has been downloaded, a new icon with the word “Update” and a download symbol will display. It will take a few minutes for it to transfer to your headset after you click this button. Do not turn off your headphones while the update is running.
Accessing Active Noise Cancellation Settings
If you setup your Action button for active noise cancellation, you will be able to cycle through the modes by pushing and releasing the button. A voice will then inform you of the setting you have chosen.
The options include “high” for loud environments, “low” for quiet environments, and “off” for hearing the world around you.
If you select this option, you may still use your phone’s smart assistant by pushing and holding the multifunction button on the headset’s right ear cup. This, however, only works if your smartphone has an assistant built in.
Final Thoughts on how to Reset Bose Headphones
The Bose QuietComfort 35 II headphones are extremely popular, and for good reason. They offer realistic sound quality, built-in smart assistants, and are still among the best noise canceling headphones on the market.
With so many functions, it may be difficult to figure out how to use them all. This definitive guide to your Bose QC 35 II headphones has been put together by us.
This reset will clear the memory of previously connected Bluetooth® devices in your product. It does not restore your product’s factory settings.
- Connect the charging case to a power source.
- Insert the earbuds into the charging case.
- Close the charging case lid for 5 seconds before opening it.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button in the charging case for 30 seconds before releasing it: The earbud LEDs will flash, then shine solid white before blinking blue.
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on the device that was previously linked to your product and Remove or set aside your Bose product from the device. Bluetooth storage
- Connect your product to the device once more. See Connecting a Bluetooth® Device for further information.
Bose headphones, earbuds, and wireless headphones are among the simplest listening headsets to reset. This is partly due to the fact that both the headphones and the earbuds use the same reset technique. If you’re still having problems with your Bose headphones and earphones, don’t be hesitant to call customer service.
We hope that after reading this post, you will be able to confidently reset your Bose earphones and headphones and resume listening to your favorite music, movies, and other media as before.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
How can I restore the factory settings on my Bose headphones?
Restore the Manufacturer’s Default Settings
Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button on the Bose USB Link for 7–10 seconds. When you press the USB Link button, be sure you are not in a meeting. Otherwise, in order to prevent disrupting the meeting, the Bose USB Link will not reply.
What is the procedure for resetting my Bose Comfort 35?
How to Reset a Pair of Bose Quiet Comfort 35 Headphones
To begin, remove your headphones and wait 30 seconds.
Connect your QC 35 headphones to the charger, a wall outlet, or a USB port on your computer. Wait approximately 5 seconds.
Unplug your Bose headphones after 5 seconds.
Restart your Quiet Comfort as usual.
Why aren’t my Bose headphones working?
Try deleting any stored Bose app data from your Android smartphone. If you’re using an Android device, you can delete the app data that the device keeps for the Bose app. To do so, navigate to the device’s Settings menu and select the Apps option. Choose Clear Cache and Clear Data from the Bose app.