How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones To PS4? PS4 gaming is a rave and there is a lot of frenzy about online gaming with the PS4. Nowadays, PS4 games come with unreal, high-quality graphics offering an immersive experience coupled with stunning sound output.
But, they can also be loud so most of us would like to use Bluetooth headphones while gaming.
So, How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones To PS4?
To connect Bluetooth headphones to the PS4 gaming console:
1. Make sure your PS4 is on and connected to a display
2. Navigate to the Settings option and then click on Devices
3. Under Devices, you will see the Bluetooth Devices option
4. Once you click on Bluetooth Devices, the PS4 will start looking for nearby Bluetooth devices
5. Make sure that your Bluetooth headphones are switched on and in pairing mode
6. Once your device is listed on display, select it and enter the passcode (0000), if prompted for one
7. When the pairing is complete, you will get a notification about it
So, can any pair of Bluetooth headphones work with the Sony PS4? Well, not really. Your Bluetooth headphones have to be compatible with the Sony PS4. You can follow the above process to pair them with the gaming console if they are.
But, what do you do if your Bluetooth headphones are unsupported? Well, we have some solutions for them as well.
How To Connect Any Bluetooth Headphones To PS4?
Here’s how you use Bluetooth to pair wireless headphones to a PS4.
- Set the Bluetooth headset to pair mode after turning it on.
- At the top of the PS4 home menu, go to Settings.
- Choose your devices.
- Bluetooth Devices should be selected.
- To pair your PS4 with a compatible headset, select it from the list.
How to Pair, and Connect Bluetooth headphones to PS4 video?
Here is a quick video to help you connect to your PS4.
READ ALSO: How Loud Is Too Loud For Headphones? (Quick Answer!)
HOW TO CONNECT UNSUPPORTED BLUETOOTH TO PS4 USING AN ADAPTOR?
So, what do you do if your Bluetooth headphones are not supported by the PS4? Would you invest in a new pair?
Well, there is a way to work around this issue and this can be done with the help of a Bluetooth adaptor. It is a small device that will connect to your console and help you use your unsupported Bluetooth headphones.
Here is what you will need to do to connect unsupported Bluetooth to PS4:
- First, you will need a Bluetooth adaptor compatible with the PS4
- Connect the USB adaptor to the USB port of the PS4
- Switch on your headphones and put them in pairing mode
- Navigate to Settings on the PS4 and click on Devices
- Now click on Bluetooth Devices and the PS4 will start searching for wireless devices
- Once your headphones figure there, you can pair them
- There is an additional setting as well. Configure the Input Device and Output Device that matches the headphones connector to the PS4 controller. Here is how you do it
- In the Audio Devices setting, you will see an option for Output Device. Change it to Connected to Controller
- Do the same for the Input device as well. This is helpful when you plan to use your Bluetooth headphone as a Mic as well
- Under the Audio Device page, there is an option to adjust the sound levels like Input Volume and Microphone Level. Change these are per your requirement
- There is another option under Audio Devices for Output to Headphone. Change this to All
Once this is done, you should be able to use your unsupported Bluetooth headphones with the PS4!
HOW TO CONNECT UNSUPPORTED BLUETOOTH TO PS4 USING DONGLE?
In order to connect unsupported Bluetooth to PS4 Using Dongle
- Make sure you have a PS4-compatible Bluetooth dongle. The dongle has two devices – a 3.5mm jack and a USB device
- Plug the USB device into the USB slot of the Sony PS4
- Connect the 3.5mm jack (this is a wireless mic) to the PS4 controller
- On the USB dongle, there is a power button. Press it to start the Bluetooth
- Switch on your Bluetooth headphones and let them pair
- Now, on the PS4 console navigate to Settings
- Click on Devices and then on Audio Devices
- Select the Input Devices option and select the option Headset Connected to Controller
- Click on Output Devices, and select the option USB Headset
- You can also adjust the volume levels for the connected headphones
- Under Audio Devices, click on Output to Headphones and select All Audio
HOW TO CONNECT UNSUPPORTED BLUETOOTH TO PS4 USING THE PS4 APP?
In order to connect unsupported Bluetooth to PS4 Use the PS Remote Play app
- On your mobile phone, install the PS Remote Play app
- On the PS4 function screen, go to Settings
- Click on Remote Play Connection settings
- Here you will see an option to Enable Remote Play
- You will get an option to Add a Device. There will be a code display (mostly 8 numbers)
- Open the PS Remote Play app on the phone and register by entering the code on the PS4 console
- Now in the Settings screen, visit Account Management
- Select Activate as Your Primary PS4 and then click on Activate
This process enables the Remote Play option on the PS4 device. Connect your Bluetooth headphones with your phone by pairing them and you should be able to get the audio output on the headphones.
However, do note that you might experience some audio lag or reduced quality. This depends on the quality of your phone, headphones, and network connection.
TROUBLESHOOTING THE PS4 CONTROLLER
If you are using a Bluetooth Dongle with your PS4 controller, then there might be instances of the controller not responding or issues with the connection itself. In such cases, here is how you can reset the PS4 controller.
- On the PS 4 console, navigate to Settings and then go to Devices
- Now click on Bluetooth Devices and select the controller you want to reset. An example could be the Dual Shock controller that you might be using. You can use the Options button on the Controller to open a menu
- Click on Forget Device
- Restart your PS4 and the PS4 controller
- Pair the PS4 controller once again and hopefully, this will resolve any Bluetooth connection issues
- You can now connect your Bluetooth dongle to the PS4 controller and start using them for your games
CAN YOU CONNECT AIRPODS TO PS4?
Sadly, the Sony PS4 doesn’t directly support the Apple AirPods and the Galaxy Buds. But if you use a third-party Bluetooth adapter, you can connect airpods to PS4. With the help of a Bluetooth adapter, Galaxy buds can also be connected to PS4.
WHY WON’T MY BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES WORK WITH PS4?
The main reason for incompatibility is that the PS4 does not support the Bluetooth technology known as A2DP. This technology basically controls the way audio flows from one device to another.
However, Sony has stopped supporting the A2Dp technology used in many audio devices due to sound lag issues. A2DP has a challenge with inconsistent performance and many times you will notice a lag between the visuals and the audio.
Hence, Sony stopped using this tech and removed support for it as well. If your headphones use the A2DP technology, then you are bound to face compatibility issues with the PS4.
The PS4 does come with in-built Bluetooth but the problem is that it does not support all Bluetooth headphones. This poses a challenge for people who have invested in incompatible headphones.
If you are looking to buy new headphones to use with the PS4 then make sure you get ones that are 100% compatible with the console. However, if you are stuck with Bluetooth headphones that are not supported by the Sony PS4, then you can use the solutions mentioned in this article.
We are hopeful that if you follow the process correctly then you will be on your way to an amazing audio experience, no matter which Bluetooth headphones you use!
FAQs On Connecting Bluetooth Headphones To PS4
Can I use Bluetooth headphones on PS4?
Although you can use any pair of headphones with your PS4 controller to play in private, Bluetooth is the preferred method. With native Bluetooth support, you can connect most headphones to your PS4, eliminating the need for an inconvenient cord.
Why can’t PS4 connect to Bluetooth headphones?
The reason for this is that A2DP will be lagged by 100-200ms, which will make things feel strange when using those devices, so you won’t be able to pair most Bluetooth devices to PS4.
Can I use AirPods with PS4?
A Bluetooth adaptor with audio capabilities is required to connect AirPods to a PS4 or PS5. Both the PS4 and PS5 lack built-in Bluetooth, but an adaptor plugged into the USB port or headphone jack can be used.
Does PS4 have Bluetooth audio?
Because the Sony PS4 does not support Bluetooth, you will be unable to connect your Bluetooth speaker to the device. However, you can connect your speaker to the device using a 3 pin connector. A 5-millimeter audio cable can be used to hardwire your speaker (also known as an auxiliary cable).
To put it simply, electrostatic headphones convert audio signals to sound waves, converting electrical energy into mechanical wave energy. The actual operation of the electrostatic headphones...
Top 10 Best Wireless TV Speakers You Should Buy (Complete Buying Guide)
A home theater system is the focal point of any modern living room. When it comes to watching your favorite content these days, high-definition television reigns supreme. However,...