If you’re using Windows, connecting Bose headphones to a Mac computers is a breeze. There are a few things to keep in mind if you’re on MACS. First, make sure you’re not using an old PC or laptop. The wires on those old machines may be very tight, and connecting the headphones to your computer can be difficult without the proper adapters.
Bose is undeniably one of the top headphone brands today, having pioneered modern noise canceling technology. However, great names come with great expectations. So it’s a real letdown when your Bose headphones won’t even connect to your Mac.
Yes, you can use them with your iPhone thanks to the Bose Connect App. However, the same cannot be said for Mac, particularly since the app is only available for mobile devices. You may begin to wonder: Is this limitation worth the money I paid for these headphones?
Before you do anything drastic, here’s a quick tutorial on how to connect and disconnect your Bose headphones from your Mac, even if you don’t have the Bose Connect App. Also included are some solutions to any connection issues you may encounter.
How to connect Bose Headphones to Mac – Step by Step
Simply log in to your computer and follow these steps to pair your Bose headphones with your Mac OS profile:
1. Navigate to System Preferences.
You can access your system preferences on any Mac, regardless of the operating system version, by clicking the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen and then selecting “System preferences”:
If you didn’t hide the system preferences icon from showing in the Dock Bar before, you can find it there now.
2. Navigate to the Bluetooth settings page.
Locate the Bluetooth icon, as shown below, and click it to open “Bluetooth preferences”:
3. Check that Bluetooth is turned on.
Before you do anything else, make sure your Bluetooth connection is turned on, and if it isn’t, turn it on.
You’ll also be able to see which Bluetooth devices are currently connected to your Mac. Bluetooth-enabled devices include the Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, Trackpad, iPhone, and even AirPods.
Alternative Video: Pairing Bluetooth headphones to a Mac Computer
- Can you use Bluetooth on a Plane? Read More
- How to Pair Skullcandy Headphones? (Solved!)
- Can Headphones Dent your Head? (Answered)
4. Start pairing your Bose headphones.
When you’re ready, slide your headphones’ power switch to the Bluetooth symbol until the Bluetooth indicator begins blinking in blue. Some headphones may have a different color or a different way to enable the Bluetooth pairing mode; if this is the case, consult the manual or any extra buttons to enable it.
5. Connect your Bose headphones to your Mac
You’ll be able to see your Bluetooth headphones in your Mac’s Bluetooth settings once they’re in pairing mode. It should appear after a few seconds.
When you see them, click the “Pair” button, and the profile will be created automatically. You can now connect them directly from your upper taskbar in the Bluetooth and audio settings, or they will connect automatically if you turn them on anywhere near your Mac computer.
That’s all! Your Bose headphones are now connected to your Mac and ready to use. Make sure your Mac’s equalizer is set to your music preferences.
Disconnecting Other Devices from Mac’s Bluetooth
Some users report having difficulty disconnecting other Bluetooth devices from their Mac, preventing them from connecting their Bose headphones. If this is the case for you, the steps below can assist you in clearing the Bluetooth on your Mac so that it is ready for pairing. The procedure is very similar to that of pairing your Bose headphones, but in reverse:
- Power on your Mac.
- Click the Apple icon located on the upper left-hand side of the monitor.
- Choose System Preferences from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Bluetooth icon.
- Disconnect devices. A list of all discoverable Bluetooth devices will be listed, with their connection status. If there are any devices—other than the branded Bluetooth mouse or keyboard—that are connected, click the “x” next to the device name to unpair it.
- Finalize removal. A pop-up box will appear, asking for confirmation that you want to disconnect the selected device. Click the Remove button to finalize the disconnection.
Having Trouble Connecting Bose Headphones to Mac?
- In rare cases, the user will be able to successfully disconnect other Bluetooth devices from the Mac, take the necessary steps to connect their Bose headphones, but still be unable to connect.
- If this is the case with your headphones, use the troubleshooting tips below to help you solve the problem:
- Turn Bluetooth off on your Mac. When Bluetooth has been running on a device for a long time, it can lose its connection, especially if the paired device moves out of range. Turn off your Mac’s Bluetooth, then turn it back on and try again.
- Try again after disconnecting your Bose headphones. A Bluetooth connection may need to be reset from time to time. To remove and re-pair your Bose headphones, follow the steps outlined above.
- Restart your Mac. A reboot or power cycle is always a good idea when electronic devices are acting strangely. It’s possible that a software update will be required to make Bluetooth work properly.
- Remove any impediments. Keep your Bose headphones as close to your Mac as possible, and make sure there are no obstructions or barriers that could be interfering with the connection.
- Connect a different device to your Bose headphones. This is a good idea to help you determine whether the problem is with your headphones or your Mac.
- Clear the pairing list for your headphones. Turn your Bose headphones off. Hold down the power/Bluetooth buttons for 10 seconds, or until the message “Bluetooth device list cleared” appears.
What if my computer asks for a code?
To confirm Bluetooth pairing with your headphones, you may be required to enter a PIN. If this occurs, enter 0000 and press OK to proceed. That should be sufficient. This is a common occurrence with Bluetooth speakers like the Bose Soundlink or Soundlink Revolve.
What if my headphones aren’t appearing?
This method sometimes works flawlessly, but some people complain in forums about their headphones not appearing to be available for pairing. If this is the case, close the Bluetooth settings and reopen them to see if it works.
If not, turn off your headphones, then restart them in pairing mode. If the problem persists, it is possible that your headphones’ Bluetooth profiles list is full. In that case, you’ll need to completely reset your headphones to delete all of the profiles and start over.
Now repeat the entire tutorial, and you should be able to see and pair your Bose headphones to your Mac. Have fun with your new headphones!
Why are my Bluetooth headphones not connecting to my Mac?
are not set to discoverable devices, the headphones are out of range, the headphones have been connected to other devices but the battery is low, and the headphones have nowhere to go when available for wireless activity
Can Bose Wireless Headphones Be Used With A Macbook?
Using your Bose headphones in an e on your Mac. Using a 3. Make it as simple as changing a Mac’s settings. It is constructed from a 5mm audio cable. You can enjoy an even better wireless connection by connecting Bose headphones to a Mac via Bluetooth.
Why is my Mac unable to connect to my Bluetooth headphones?
Hold down Shift + Option to activate Bluetooth. On the menu bar, select the Bluetooth icon. When you’re done with Debug, go to Delete all devices, then click Debug again and choose “Reset the Bluetooth module.” Do you still want to pair Bluetooth with your Mac? To connect your iPhone, click Repair your USB drive.
What Should I Do If My Mac Doesn’t Recognize My Bluetooth Headphones?
By clicking on that link, you can access System Preferences.
- Click on the Bluetooth icon to connect.
- Hardware can be found in the Devices section.
- To sync with a Mac, press the Pair button next to that device.
- Why Is My Mac Ignoring My Headphones?
If the port is clogged with dust or fluff, headphones and speakers will not work. If that fails, blow dust off the Mac through the wall near the port. Set up the headphones while pressing the volume buttons at the same time. Examine the earplugs.
Who is Bose?
Bose is a manufacturer of high-quality audio equipment. They’re well-known for producing high-quality headphones and speakers. Bose has been in business for many years and has a solid reputation for producing high-quality products.
What headphones does Bose manufacture?
Bose manufactures a wide range of headphones, including over-the-ear headphones, in-ear headphones, and earbuds. Noise-canceling headphones are also available. Noise-canceling headphones are popular because they can block out all background noise, allowing you to listen to music without interruptions.
Bose also manufactures a wide range of speakers. They design and manufacture bookshelf speakers, computer speakers, and home theater systems. Bose also makes outdoor speakers for listening to music while grilling or doing yard work.
Bose is a manufacturer of high-quality headphones and speakers. Bluetooth or a 3.5mm audio cable can be used to connect your Bose headphones to a Mac.
FAQs About Connecting Bose Headphones to a Mac
How do I connect my Bose Bluetooth headphones to my macbook air?
Hold the Power/Bluetooth button down until you hear “Ready to pair” or the Bluetooth indicator blinks blue. Locate your Bose headphones in the “Devices” box and click Connect next to it.
Why aren’t my Bluetooth headphones pairing with my MacBook Air?
Select Apple > System Preferences, then Bluetooth. Check to see if your headset is among the devices listed. If your headset isn’t listed, reconnect with it again. For information on connecting your headset to your Mac, consult the documentation that came with it.
Why isn’t my Mac recognizing my Bose headphones?
Your Bose headphones will be listed at the top of the Devices box, with the message Connected beneath the name. If your Bose headphones do not appear in the list of available devices, restart your Mac and enter pairing mode on your headphones.
How to Fix Xbox Controller Headphone Jack? When the Xbox One controller's headphone jack fails, the following symptoms may occur: You can't hear what others are saying, and they can't hear what...
Wonder if can you connect Bluetooth headphones to Roku TV? Roku is a great streaming device for accessing Live TV channels at a low cost or adding...