Can You Use Wireless Earbuds For Phone Calls? Because of their high-quality features and convenient capabilities, wireless earbuds have quickly gained popularity. However, how do wireless headphones perform in terms of communication? This begs the question, can wireless earbuds be used for phone calls?
Yes, because they have high-quality microphones, hands-free controls, and voice assistants, wireless earbuds can be used to make and receive calls. Furthermore, high-quality wireless earbuds include Active Noise Cancellation, which improves microphone quality by filtering out background noise and picking up your voice clearly and accurately.
Let’s see what wireless earbuds can do when it comes to answering and making phone calls. Let’s get started!
Do You Make Phone Calls With Wireless Earbuds?
Yes, you can use wireless earbuds for phone calls because the majority of wireless earbuds have microphones; some have additional microphones to pick up your voice more clearly. Furthermore, wireless earbuds have simple controls that allow you to answer calls without having to pull out your phone. To answer a call, for example, the AirPods simply require you to tap your earbuds twice.
This makes managing incoming calls easier. The majority of high-end earbuds also include voice assistants, which allow you to make calls hands-free by asking your voice assistant. Wireless earbuds voice assistants can do much more than just answer calls; they can read your messages and other notifications for you, play your favorite music, read your books to you, tell you the weather, and much more!
Most high-end wireless earbuds include Active Noise Cancellation, which is an excellent feature if you intend to use your earbuds to answer phone calls. Active noise cancellation was created for two main reasons. First, it prevents external noise from entering the earbuds, resulting in a better listening experience. Second, when using the microphone, it filters out background noise, allowing the earbuds microphone to pick up your voice clearly even in a noisy environment. So, if you’ll be answering calls outside in congested areas, it’s probably best to choose earbuds with Active Noise Cancellation for the best microphone quality.
Is it better to have wired or wireless earbuds?
Wireless earbuds have more features, such as voice assistant activation, hands-free capabilities, and shortcuts; high-quality earbuds also have active noise cancellation.
Because Bluetooth connections have occasional audio latency, wired earbuds will generally provide a more stable connection. They do not, however, offer quick shortcuts for answering calls, voice assistants for making hands-free calls, or noise cancellation features.
Alternative Video: Best Earbuds You Can Buy!
- Can You Bring Headphones Into a Sauna or Steam Room? (Answered!)
- Can Headphones Cause Ear Infections? (Must Read!)
- Can Wearing Headphones Cause Hair Loss? Click Here
What should I budget for wireless earbuds?
If you’re looking for a low-cost option with a good selection of features, good sound, and a microphone, we usually recommend earbuds priced between $50 and $100. There are, however, exceptions to the rule. The Aukey EP-T21 is a prime example of this. The reviews speak for themselves; these earbuds are less expensive than our usual recommended price point while still providing great features and sound quality. As a result, it is entirely dependent on the brand.
If you’re looking for high-end wireless earbuds, expect to pay between $200 and $250. These earbuds are typically equipped with Active Noise Cancellation and a variety of other high-quality features.
What are the best wireless earbuds for calls?
Here’s a list of earbuds that offer great features for making phone calls; we’ve added both high-end and budget-friendly options to our list.
- Active Noise Cancellation blocks outside noise, so you can immerse yourself in music
- Transparency mode for hearing and interacting with the world around you
- Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking places sound all around you
- Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to your ears
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit
The AirPods pro are the most popular option on the list. The AirPods Pro have several high-quality features that the original AirPods do not have. Active Noise Cancelation, transparency mode, silicon tips for a more comfortable fit, and up to 24 hours of listening time with the case and up to 4 hours without the case are among the features.
The Active Noise Canceling feature on these earbuds improves microphone quality by filtering out unwanted background noise, allowing your voice to be picked up clearly and accurately.
Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus
- Exactly what you want to hear. Galaxy Buds+ are the perfect fitting earbuds to isolate you from distracting noises, so you can stay focused on what you want. And if you’d like to filter in some of the outside world to be more in-tune with your surroundings, you can switch on Ambient Aware2. Hear flight annozments, oncoming traffic or your order number while still enjoying your favorite playlist or podcast.
- 22 hours of serious sound. Get up to 11 hours of nonstop music on a single charge, then pop your Galaxy Buds+ in the wireless charging case and get nearly 11 more. Forgot to charge them the night before, No worries. 3 minutes of charging gives you one hour of play time, so you have enough juice for your commute or workout.
- Your voice, loud and clear. Ensure you’re heard clearly. A dedicated internal and two external microphones pick up your voice and isolate it from outside noises. When you’re on a call, your voice comes through richly and confidently, even in noisy locations.
- Android and iOS compatible. Pair with smart devices via Bluetooth. Use the Galaxy Wearable app on Android and Galaxy Buds+ app on iOS to make the most of your earphones.
- Included Components: 3 Size Eargel
The Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus are a popular choice and excellent earbuds for phone calls. The Galaxy Buds Plus has an 11-hour battery life on a single charge and a 22-hour battery life with the charging case. Furthermore, these earbuds provide selective hearing, which filters out unwanted external noise from entering your earbuds; it also filters out external noise when using the microphone, making these earbuds’ microphones great even in noisy environments.
Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro
- Pure Sound via Targeted Active Noise Cancelling: Choose your scenario via the Soundcore app and listen as ambient sounds disappear to leave you with nothing but pure sound.
- PureNote Driver Technology: Get a 45% boost to your bass, and a 30% wider frequency bandwidth than ordinary drivers. Drivers coated with 10 hardened nano-layers offer incredible stiffness to generate stunning accuracy and clarity.
- LDAC Technology: Compared with standard Bluetooth codecs, LDAC is capable of transmitting 3 times more data—ensuring no detail is lost before reaching your ears.
- Up to 26 Hours of Playtime: Get 7 hours of playback from a single charge on the earbuds with up to 3 recharges from the charging case.
Another excellent choice for phone calls is the Anker Soundcore Liberty. It also has Active Noise Cancellation, a high-quality microphone, and a battery life of 7 hours on a single charge and 26 hours with the wireless charger.
Jabra Elite 85T
- PREMIUM NOISE-CANCELLING EARBUDS – It turns out, you can have it all. Jabra Elite 85t Wireless Earbuds have been engineered with the most cutting-edge technology for a calls and music experience like never before
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE SOUND – Featuring Jabra Advanced Active Noise Cancellation technology, you can adjust your level of ANC (to cancel noise you don’t want to hear), or adjust your level of HearThrough mode (to let in what you do) using the Jabra Sound app
- CRYSTAL-CLEAR CALLS – With 6 mic technology and wind protection, you can make and take calls anywhere with these Bluetooth earbuds. Plus, the 12mm speakers offer big sound, powerful base, and amazing sound quality—all wrapped up in a super compact design. Operating temperature for wireless charging- 0°C to 40°C / 32°F to 104°F
- UP TO 25 HOURS OF BATTERY – Get up to 5.5 hours on a single charge with ANC on, with a total charge of up to 25 in the compact Qi-certified charging case. Plus, the powerful magnetic case snaps these earbud headphones firmly in place for maximum security
- PERSONALIZE YOUR SOUND – These Jabra Bluetooth earbuds feature MyControls that lets you easily adjust your button functions, while MySound tailors music to your hearing with an in-app hearing test. Works with Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa.
The Jabra Elite is another premium option that includes all of the features you’d expect for answering calls. This includes active noise cancellation, additional microphones to more accurately pick up your voice (6 total microphones), 12 mm speakers for high-quality sounds, and a 5.5-hour battery life on a single charge and up to 25 hours with the wireless charging case.
TaoTronics SoundLiberty 79
- Incredible Sound Loved by 20 Million+ People
- Expertly-Tuned Sound: Life A1 true wireless earbuds have oversized 8mm drivers with triple-layer composite diaphragms to produce powerful sound with 40% more bass, 100% more treble, and clear mids.
- 3 Custom Sound Modes: Signature mode produces balanced sound that’s perfect for all music genres. Switch to Bass Booster to intensify bass-heavy songs for workouts or choose Podcast to enhance mids for podcasts and audiobooks.
- 35-Hour Playtime: Life A1 true wireless earbuds have 9 hours of playtime from a single charge and an extra 3 charges from the compact charging case. A quick 10-minute charge gives you 1.5 hours of listening when you’re in a rush.
- 2 Ways to Charge: Use the included Anker USB-C cable to charge the case quickly or simply place it down on a wireless charging pad for super-convenient recharging.
The TaoTronics SoundLiberty 79 is an excellent low-cost phone call option. It has AI noise reduction capabilities, which filter out unwanted background noise for improved listening and allow the earbuds microphone to pick up your voice clearly by filtering out external noise.
It has an 8-hour battery life on a single charge and a 30-hour battery life with the wireless charging case. Overall, a great budget-friendly pair of earbuds that are ideal for phone calls.
What features should I look for in wireless earbuds for phone calls?
Active Noise Cancellation
If you will be making and answering phone calls in crowded, noisy areas, Active Noise Cancelation is an important feature to have. The first function of Active Noise Cancelation is to simply prevent external noise from being heard within the earbuds. The second benefit is that when using the microphone, it filters out background noise, allowing the person on the other end of the call to hear your voice clearly without any background noise.
Another feature you should look for is quick controls. Airpods, for example, provide quick and easy controls for answering phone calls. To answer a call with Airpods, simply double-tap either side of the Airpods, making it very convenient, especially if you get a lot of calls.
When it comes to volume levels, earbuds vary. Some will require you to turn it all the way up to 100% to be satisfied with the sound, while others will only require you to stay at 40%. This is entirely dependent on the earbuds’ manufacturer, and you may need to test a few to ensure they have the appropriate volume levels for your preferences.
Earbud tips are crucial in earbuds because they determine how comfortable the earbuds are when they sit in your ear. This is why it’s critical to make sure your earbuds come with tips of varying sizes to ensure a perfect and comfortable fit.
A long battery life in earbuds is obviously important for any use case. Look for earbuds that have a battery life of 4 to 5 hours on a single charge and at least 15 hours with the case.
The Advantages of Wireless Earbuds:
1. Can Be Used For Many Activities
Wireless earbuds are extremely adaptable. They are ideal for a variety of activities, including working out, outdoor activities, listening to music, conference calls, phone calls, watching movies, and so on.
Wireless earbuds are extremely convenient because they come with a charging case. All you have to do is put it in your bag or pocket when you leave the house, and you can easily connect it to your phone or any other device. The charging case allows for an extra charge in case your earbuds run out of juice.
Because there is no wire, wireless earbuds are more ergonomically designed. The design must be flawless in order to rest comfortably in your ear without falling out. As a result, wireless earbuds are usually more comfortable and fit better than wired ones.
4. Long Range Connection
Wireless earbuds have a good connection range, allowing you to move away from your device while still being on a call or listening to music while moving around or even working out without having to keep your phone in your pocket the entire time.
5. Connect To Your Device Easily
You wouldn’t have to worry about purchasing a device with a headphone jack because most companies are getting rid of them.
So there you have it, wireless earbuds can be great for phone calls thanks to their hands-free capabilities, voice assistants, as well as its built-in high-quality microphones. Earbuds that feature Active Noise Cancellation make this even better by blocking out external noise, making it perfect for talking even in busy and crowded areas.
FAQs About Wireless Earbuds For Phone Calls
Can you make phone calls with wireless earbuds?
Both the iOS and Android operating systems support Bluetooth device calling natively. That is, all you have to do to receive or make calls on a Bluetooth headset is pair it with your phone.
Bluetooth earbuds can they answer phone calls?
When you pair your phone with your bluetooth headset, your headset will beep whenever your phone rings. All you have to do is press the button on the side of the headset to answer the call. You do not need to touch the phone at all, and it can be left alone.
Is it true that all wireless earbuds have a microphone?
Most modern earbud models include a microphone, and some more expensive earbuds have multiple mics to improve sound quality. The microphone is typically found in the right earbud or, in some cases, at the wire that connects one bud to the other.
How to Fix Xbox Controller Headphone Jack? When the Xbox One controller's headphone jack fails, the following symptoms may occur: You can't hear what others are saying, and they can't hear what...
Wonder if can you connect Bluetooth headphones to Roku TV? Roku is a great streaming device for accessing Live TV channels at a low cost or adding...