Wall-mounted speakers can be an excellent substitute for standard speakers. They are often more practical in terms of space and placement, as they can be installed on your wall if desired, and they come with a variety of sound amplification systems.
Look for speakers that come with wall mounting brackets and a detailed manual to guide you through the installation process. The placement of the speakers will also have a significant impact on the audio quality. The drivers for front speakers should be placed at ear level.
Having trouble choosing the best wall mount speakers? This article will help you by giving you some information on how to buy the right ones and what to look for.
RESEARCHING WALL MOUNT SPEAKERS
We looked at a variety of aspects and features during our extensive research on wall mount speakers. Of course, sound quality was at the top of our priority list. We were particularly interested in speakers that provided excellent sound quality for the price they were asking.
The majority of the time, more expensive speakers provide better sound quality, but this isn’t always the case. As a result, we paid special attention to speakers who stood out from the crowd.
We also considered how simple the installation process is, because most people would rather not hire someone to do a professional installation. We looked for the inclusion of wall templates, among other things, because they can make installation much easier.
Most speakers include a grille to protect the speaker, and if it is paintable, it can be used to completely customize the look of the unit. Throughout our research, we chose speakers with multiple drivers in one unit to broaden the sound range. These factors, as well as many others, influenced our choice of the best speakers.
If you like the idea of having your speakers mounted in the wall we have done a great post on the best in-wall speakers that is worth a look.
THE 8 BEST WALL MOUNT SPEAKERS
1. Polk Audio OWM3 Wall and Bookshelf Speakers
- POLK OWM3 are durable, high performance speakers, equipped with a 4.5" Mid/Woofer, 1" Tweeter, exclusive Dynamic Balance & Capacitive Coupling Technology (CCT) that PRODUCES DETAILED AUDIO, MAKING YOUR MOVIE & MUSIC NIGHTS EXQUISITE
- ENGINEERED WITH QUALITY, Polk's compact multi-application speaker delivers DEEPER BASS WITH MINIMAL DISTORTIONS EVEN AT EXTREME VOLUME LEVELS. No more muffled sounds anymore, just NATURAL LIKELIKE SURROUND SOUND FILLING YOUR ROOM
- 7 UNIQUE PLACEMENT OPTIONS – The DISTINCT CURVED DESIGN allows you to choose between 7 orientations - horizontal, vertical, corner, angular, shelf, top or mount them on a wall. Take your pick
- VERSATILITY IN APPLICATION AS WELL – In your bedroom, as surrounds for home theater or plug them to your computer for an immersive gaming experience. Movie, Music or Play, one room or more – we’ve got it all covered
- Polk’s UNWAVERING COMMITMENT, RELIABILITY, AND CRAFTSMANSHIP has made it one of the most trusted names in home audio. They bring out the best in sound systems, so you can SIT BACK, RELAX AND LISTEN WITH YOUR HEART
These wall mount speakers are better than low-priced speakers but not so expensive that you feel like you’re signing your life away. This could be ideal if you’re looking for something in the middle of the price and capability spectrum.
While there is a strong appeal to speakers that provide the best sound and features, this speaker has an understated value that may not be obvious on the surface. When you dig a little deeper, it’s easy to see how this Polk Audio can deliver top-notch sound at a more than reasonable price.
It has a mid/woofer as well as a tweeter to provide crisp and clear sound. It also has Dynamic Balance and Capacitive Coupling Technology (CCT) for clear audio. The CCT claims to improve and smooth bass response, but even with this improvement, we would not recommend this speaker to anyone looking for good bass.
However, not all speakers are created equal and not all are created for the same purpose. So, although the Polk Audio OWM3 may not be the best option for bass-specific uses, it is fantastic for surround sound!
- What we like about it: Excellent for surround sound.
- What we don’t like: The lack of a strong bass.
- Technology of Capacitive Coupling
- There are seven distinct placement options.
- Construction is light.
2. Kicker KB6 2-Way Indoor/Outdoor Wall Mount Speakers
- Great for outdoor events, parties, by the pool!
- MAX Power: 150 Watts - RMS Power: 75 Watts
- Components per Enclosure: 16.5 Woofer; 5.1" x 12.7" tweeter
- Frequency Response: 55Hz-21kHz
- Impedance: 8-Ohms
If you want to buy several speakers to cover the outside of your house but don’t want to break the bank, these are worth considering. Kicker has distinguished itself from the competition by providing excellent sound quality, exceptional durability, and a reasonable price.
I believe we can all agree that having great speakers indoors is fantastic, but what about outside? It’s just as important to have good sound when you’re sitting on your porch or playing in the pool. That’s why weather-resistant speakers are so revolutionary!
Imagine being able to blast your favorite rock anthems while grilling in the summer and then turning up your Christmas carols while making snow angels in your backyard a few months later.
This Kicker speaker is ideal for any occasion, rain or shine. It has a waterproof enclosure that is also UV resistant, allowing it to withstand a variety of weather conditions.
It has a woofer and a tweeter to cover a wide range of frequencies. Furthermore, it produces a strong 90dB, which is more than enough to fill a room with exhilarating sound.
- What we like: The design is weather-resistant.
- What we don’t like: It doesn’t handle loud sounds well.
- System of 180-degree mounting
- Sensitivity of 90dB
- two-way design
YOU MAY ALSO READ:
- 10 Best Gaming Earbuds [Top Picks!]
- 10 Best Gaming Headphones Without Mic (Detailed Reviews)
- The 8 Best Subwoofer For Home Theater You Should Purchase! Read Here
3. Polk Audio Atrium 4 Outdoor Wall Mount Speakers – Best for Outdoors
- CREATED TO LIVE AND PLAY OUTDOORS, your Atrium Speakers can be installed in any open space—by a pool, in the patio or a sunroom, or tucked away somewhere in the backyard. They will deliver exceptionally great sound.
- WIDER SOUND DISPERSION & SURPRISINGLY POWERFUL BASS driven by a 4 1/2" mineral filled Dynamic Balance polymer cone and a 3/4" anodized aluminum dome tweeter with rubber surround. 80W power cuts through loud, jarring background noises.
- Recognized as ONE OF THE BEST-LOOKING OUTDOOR SPEAKERS, Polk Atrium 4 speakers come with a steeply-angled baffle design filling open spaces with big full-range sound! The outer profile easily blends into the corners of the outdoor walls.
- ONE-CLICK SPEED-LOCK MOUNTING BRACKET offers EASY, ANTI-SLIP ONE-HANDED INSTALLATION allowing you to mount these speakers vertically or horizontally, to deliver the best possible sound in a variety of situations. Simply mount the swiveling C-bracket
- THE SPEAKER FOR ALL SEASONS – it’s rugged durability, high environmental endurance and superior quality has helped Polk Outdoor Speakers earn the all-weather Certification. Effortlessly withstands extreme temperatures and heavy rain year after year.
Whether you’re relaxing inside or having fun in the sun, these speakers are a jack of all trades. Both indoor and outdoor use will prove to be well worth the investment.
You may intend to place your speakers inside your home or outside by your porch, but they will add a lot of value regardless of where you put them. The fact that this speaker is built to last is one of its most notable features. It has a design that can withstand all weather conditions, and this isn’t just a promise you should believe.
The speaker was designed to meet industrial and military weather endurance standards. This is in a class of its own, and you may be thinking that you don’t need military-grade weather-resistance for an indoor speaker. However, mistakes do happen, and you never know when you’ll need that level of toughness.
If you intend to use the speaker outside, this provides extra assurance that whether it is pouring outside or your house is baking in the heat, the speakers will be fine. Polk Audio has also paid attention to detail, even with the connection points, to ensure durability.
- What we like: It’s made to last a lifetime.
- What we don’t like: It’s difficult to transport.
- Hardware of superior quality
- All-weather capability
- System of 180-degree mounting
- Sensitivity of 89dB
4. JBL Professional C1PRO High Performance Wall Mount Speakers – Best for Music
- Latest 150W Pro quality version of JBL Control 1 for shelf or wall mount
- Variable angle wall brackets enable multiple uses and angles
- Professional drivers and high quality crossover gives a faithfull and transparent sonic performance
- It features SonicGuard HF overload protection
- It features magnetically shielded transducers for near monitor or ear TV applications
These JBL speakers could be for you if you’re looking for speakers from a brand that has proven time and time again that they deliver consistent quality. This professional loudspeaker system delivers high-quality sound in a surprisingly small package.
If you’re tight on wall space and need something that can slip into the small area and still pack a punch, this is for you. The overall size of the speaker is very small, but don’t be fooled! Even so, it manages to produce 87dB, which is more than enough to fill your room.
With a 4-inch woofer and a titanium laminate tweeter, you’ll be jumping for joy because of the clarity of your music and jumping for fear because of the realistic movie sounds.
If you want truly thumping bass, you should invest in an external subwoofer, but that isn’t to say that this speaker doesn’t provide some decent bass, because it does. The smooth mids and clear highs, on the other hand, make the sound quality stand out much more clearly.
- What we like: The sound quality is excellent.
- What we don’t like: There isn’t enough bass.
- Transducers with magnetic shielding
- dependable craftsmanship
- Design is compact.
5. Dual Electronics LU53BP 3-Way Wall Mount Speakers – Best Value
- |DESIGNED TO LIVE INDOORS & OUTDOORS| – your studio quality speakers can be mounted/placed in any open space, by the pool, under your patio, in the garage, on a bookshelf; regardless of placement they will deliver Extraordinary Sound
- |DIGITALLY OPTIMIZED FOR EXPANSIVE DISPERSION & POWERFUL BASS| – the synchronized harmony of your 3-Way Component Speakers & 5.25-inch Woofer create a state of accurate acoustic dispersion with deep rich sounding bass for a truly full range of sound
- |ALL WEATHER RESISTANT COATING| – these speakers are made for Every Season; they are coated with a UV resistant resin and placed inside an ABS enclosure protecting it from the elements and preserving sound integrity
- |DUAL DBTMA100 BLUETOOTH AMPLIFIER| – don’t forget to add the top selling Dual Electronics DBTMA100 Bluetooth Amplifier with your LU53 Speakers for the best outdoor/indoor acoustic experience
- |1 YEAR WARRANTY| – guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty including excellent customer service
If you’re looking for everything in one place at a reasonable price, this is the place to be! This Dual Electronics speaker doesn’t hold back and is simply excellent value for money.
Most wall mount speakers will work with a 2-way design and while that can be great, there is a lot to be said for an extra driver onboard. A Polyelite PVA surround woofer, a polypropylene midrange cone, and a piezo dome tweeter are featured on this Dual Electronics speaker. It’s a mouthful to say, but it’s worth it!
At the end of the day, this is still an affordable speaker, so the sound isn’t perfect, but it’s fantastic for the price. A smooth and rich sound profile with lovely clear highs can be expected.
A subwoofer would be a good addition to this speaker because the bass is a little lacking, but a subwoofer would be a good addition to almost any wall mount speaker, so there isn’t much of a surprise there.
This LU53BP has a weather-resistant design in addition to great sound. It is made of UV-resistant resin and has an ABS enclosure. I wouldn’t soak this in a bathtub, but it should be fine under cover whether it’s raining or the sun is shining.
- We like the 3-way speaker design.
- What we don’t like: Some customers have reported receiving faulty speakers.
- Sensitivity of 86dB
- The frequency response ranges from 70Hz to 20kHz.
- Brackets that swivel
6. Bose 34104 SE Elegant Outdoor Wall Mount Speakers
- Articulated Array speaker design includes precisely positioned drivers to provide a large, consistent sound field for outdoor listening
- Glass-filled polypropylene cabinet provides added yearlong protection against weather extremes. Withstands humidity and fog. Mount horizontally or vertically with included brackets/hardware
- Adjustable installation allows you to mount these exterior speakers horizontally or vertically depending on your preference
- Stereo Everywhere speaker performance produces balanced stereo sound over a wide area. The result of proprietary Bose technologies, these speakers let you enjoy balanced sound throughout the listening area, unlike conventional speakers that radiate sound mostly in a single direction
- Full-range glass-filled speaker cone (2.5") offers reliable, high quality sound reproduction across audible frequencies—even under extreme temperature and weather conditions
If you’re looking for outdoor speakers and want the design to emphasize that aspect, these could be the speakers for you. The Bose Outdoor speakers are a sophisticated way to improve your sound while basking in the sun.
This Bose speaker has a one-of-a-kind design on both the inside and outside. It has three full-range speakers that are spaced out along the casing’s curved shape. This is to avoid the frustration of only having one sweet spot where your speakers sound great.
With three full-range speakers, the sound is even all the way around, so you could be standing anywhere and still get that wonderfully balanced sound. This is especially useful in an outdoor setting where your guests will most likely be walking around and socializing throughout the event.
- What we like: Sturdy outdoor design
- What we don’t like: It might not last long.
- Weatherproof brackets
- Elegant appearance
- Suitable for use on boats
7. Polk Audio Atrium 5 Outdoor Wall Mount Speakers
- CREATED TO LIVE AND PLAY OUTDOORS, your Atrium Speakers can be installed in any open space—by a pool, in the patio or a sunroom, or tucked away somewhere in the backyard. They will deliver EXCEPTIONALLY GREAT SOUND
- WIDER SOUND DISPERSION & SURPRISINGLY POWERFUL BASS – Features a 5" mineral filled Dynamic Balance driver, a 3/4" tweeter, neodymium motor structure & PowerPort bass venting gives deeper bass and CUTS THROUGH LOUD, JARRING BACKGROUND NOISES
- ONE OF THE BEST-LOOKING OUTDOOR SPEAKERS - The outer profile EASILY BLENDS INTO THE CORNERS OF EXTERIOR WALLS, giving a minimalistic look & a steeply-angled baffle design fills open spaces with big full-range sound that is sure to leave you baffled!
- Atrium's one-click SPEED-LOCK MOUNTING BRACKET offers EASY, ANTI-SLIP ONE-HANDED INSTALLATION allows you to mount these speakers vertically or horizontally. Simply mount the swiveling C-bracket, adjust the angle and fasten the speaker with a click
- THE SPEAKER FOR ALL SEASONS – it’s rugged durability, high environmental endurance and superior quality has helped Polk Outdoor Speakers win the all-weather certification. They EFFORTLESSLY WITHSTAND EXTREME TEMPERATURES AND HEAVY RAIN year after year
If you’ve been sifting through speaker reviews in search of a set that is fantastic in almost every way, these are it. Polk Audio’s Atrium series has proven to be an excellent line of speakers, and the Atrium 5 is no exception.
Polk Audio claims that this is one of the best-looking outdoor speakers, and we can’t argue with them. In terms of claims, this one is fairly accurate. If you choose to place them in corners, the outer profile has a slight curve that blends in beautifully with the walls.
To make installation even easier, Atrium includes a speed-lock mounting bracket. You can freely pivot the speaker to face whichever direction you want. Aim them inwards for more concentrated sound, or slightly outwards for a larger soundstage. Whatever your preferences are, these speakers can accommodate them!
The good looks are great, but what about the sound? We are confident that these will not disappoint. They are outfitted with a dynamic balance driver and a tweeter to provide a wide range of sound. The lows are surprisingly good, and the PowerPort bass venting system enhances the bass even more.
- What we like: Great value for money.
- What we don’t like: The design isn’t the most compact on the market.
- Wall brackets that are adjustable
- Bass venting on the PowerPort
- Design that is strong
8. Polk Audio T15 Speakers – Best for Home Theater
- GET SUPERIOR HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE WITH IMMERSIVE SURROUND SOUND – Featuring (1) 0.75" tweeter & (1) 5.25" Dynamic Balance Driver, these speakers are designed to produce a natural, well-balanced sound with massive bass even at the lowest frequencies
- Use these wall-mountable bookshelf speakers as FRONT, LEFT-RIGHT SETUP, SURROUNDS OR AS REAR SPEAKERS and get mesmerized by detailed audio with crystal clear vocals, enough to fill any small to medium sized room
- CREATE A FULL-FLEDGED 5.1 HOME THEATER SETUP with the complete range of T-series speakers from Polk with two T50 Tower Speakers, one T30 Center Channel, two T15 Bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer
- Polk speakers are COMPATIBLE WITH MOST HOME THEATER AV RECEIVERS giving you many setup arrangement options - in single or multi-room with 2.0, 2.1, 3.1 systems or an immersive 5.1, 7.1 or 9.1 setup
- POLK'S UNMATCHED QUALITY AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE. With these value-priced speakers, you can now enjoy premium acoustics, high quality construction, easy setup and a spectacular theater experience right at home
Polk Audio has positioned itself as a speaker specialist for many years, and their reputation is well-deserved. These experts created the T15 home theater speaker to provide the best value for money.
If you want a full 7.1 home theater system but can’t afford it all at once, this could be a great option for you. Polk Audio designed the T15 speaker to be aimed at a specific category, which is home theater sound, and it does so admirably.
This speaker can handle a variety of uses, whether you enjoy fast-paced thrillers or swoon over classic romance films. You can also freely supplement it with any of the T series speakers.
It has a dynamic balance driver and a tweeter to provide a well-balanced sound. You won’t get room-vibrating bass with a frequency range of 60Hz to 24kHz, but it does a surprisingly good job of pumping out those lows. You can rely on the precise highs and overall crisp audio. No more missing out on the in-depth dialogue in your favorite films!
- What we like: Surround sound immersion.
- What we don’t like: The sound profile isn’t as well suited to music as surround sound.
- Simple to upgrade
- Dolby and DTS are supported.
- From 60Hz to 24kHz
Alternative Video: Best Wall Mount Speakers
WALL MOUNTED SPEAKERS: WHY DO YOU NEED THEM?
Although bookshelf and floorstanding speakers are designed to be kept on speaker stands, many people prefer wall mounting. This is due to the fact that wall mounting makes it easier to place speakers at or above ear level. This will provide you with the best possible sound quality.
Tight spaces in a home theater room are another common reason for wall mounting speakers. It saves space by not having one stand for each speaker and gives the room a clean look. People also prefer wall mounting because they have children or pets in the house and there is always the risk of the speaker being knocked off or dented.
To permanently secure the speaker, wall mounting is the best option. You can also save some bucks by not having to buy several speaker stands.
GUIDE TO CHOOSING THE BEST WALL MOUNT SPEAKERS
1. Number of Drivers
The number of drivers can have a significant impact on the speaker’s sound range and sound quality. Having multiple drivers, however, does not always imply high sound quality. The expanded frequency range can broaden your listening experience and smooth out the general limits of each driver.
2. High-Quality Audio
Most of the time, the cost of the speaker will have a significant impact on the quality of the sound. However, there are many low-cost speakers that produce a more-than-satisfying sound. In some cases, the sound quality is poorer than you would expect for the price.
The placement of your speakers can quickly change your opinion of them. It can be extremely frustrating if you have just received your speaker and it is giving you problems before you have even used it.
That is why a good speaker must have an easy and simple setup. Mounting templates are one of the things we look for because they can speed up the alignment process.
4. Resistance to the elements
If you only intend to use your speaker indoors, this may not be as important to you. However, even indoors, it never hurts to have some extra protection. When it comes to weather endurance, there are a few key factors to consider.
5. Grille Design
The typical design of a wall mount speaker will usually include a front grille. When selecting a speaker, you should look for one with a paintable grille. Unless you are completely satisfied with the original color, it is nice to be able to paint it to match your decor.
Furthermore, a magnetically attached grille can be much easier to handle than other attachment methods. It eliminates the need for additional tools as well as a significant amount of effort.
6. Quality Construction
Build quality can be difficult to come by in a world where everything is designed to fail. However, some businesses do manage to get it right every now and then. It’s a good idea to look for brands that are proud of their long-lasting products and high-quality construction.
Few people can afford to buy an entire sound system all at once. This can be aided by purchasing speakers in small batches and gradually assembling a full sound system.
If you can afford several speakers, that is fantastic, and this still applies to you. Unless you intend to build a complete system, you should look for speakers that are compatible with a variety of other speakers from the same brand.
8. Picking Your Perfect Speaker
The abundance of options for speakers these days is both a blessing and a curse. It means you have a large selection to choose from, but it also means that the entire search process can be overwhelming, and you may miss out on some great deals if you don’t know where to look.
That is why this list of the best wall mount speakers is so useful. With the wide range of options we’ve provided, you’re sure to find the ideal speaker for your needs.
FAQs About Wall Mounted Speakers
Are wall mounted speakers any good?
Conclusion. Despite the obvious sacrilege, many high-end in-wall and in-ceiling speakers work very well for distributed audio or two-channel systems in addition to theater applications. A well-designed in-wall speaker can deliver very accurate reproduction.
Where should the speakers be hung on the wall?
Keep in mind that walls reflect sound as well. Speakers should be placed at least 2-3 feet away from any walls (especially if your speaker is in a corner). Many speakers have bass ports on the backside. Placing a rear bass port too close to a wall will cause sound waves to reflect, resulting in time smearing.
How high should you mount in-wall speakers?
The height speaker channels should be placed in the front stage’s upper left and right corners. This is typically 40-45 degrees off-axis and about 8 feet tall. A downward tilt of the speaker improves mid/high frequency response while decreasing ceiling bounce reflections.
When it comes to our homes, one of the most important things is the safety and security of our belongings. Whether you own your home or you're renting, personal property insurance can provide you...
There's no denying that renting a place comes with its advantages - no mortgage, no property taxes, and flexibility to move around when needed. However, one aspect that often gets overlooked is the...