How to Connect Vizio TV to Wifi without Remote? Do you want to maximize the usage of the Vizio TV? You should try connecting your Vizio TV to Wi-Fi to get the most out of it.
You will usually have to use your remote, which is the simplest way to do it. But what if you’ve misplaced your remote or it’s broken? When you connect to Wi-Fi, you will be able to use a plethora of cool features.
Let me tell you, connecting your TV to Wi-Fi without a remote will be difficult. But it is possible. I’ll show you how to connect your Vizio TV to Wi-Fi without using a remote. Let’s get this party started.
Here is a quick method to try first.
QUICK TIP: KEY TAKEAWAY
How to Connect Vizio TV to WiFi without Remote?
1. First, turn on your television, and then we can reset it.
2. By simultaneously pressing VOLUME DOWN and INPUT on your TV for 5 seconds.
3. When prompted, hold down the INPUT button for ten seconds.
4. Then connect your keyboard to the USB port.
5. Use your keyboard to finish the setup process.
The Methods to connect Vizio TV to wifi without remote
When you don’t have a remote control, there are usually two ways to connect your Vizio tv to Wi-Fi. Let’s take them one at a time.
1. USE AN ETHERNET CABLE
Ethernet cables are an excellent method of connecting your Vizio television to the internet. When you use an ethernet cable connection, you can access all of the internet’s features at lightning speed. Here’s how you can go about it.
- First and foremost, you must locate the ethernet port on your television. It should be on the back panel of the television, along with all the other ports. Once you’ve located it, connect one end of the ethernet cable to your television.
- The other end of the cable connects to your router’s Wi-Fi. This way, your television will have a direct internet connection.
- After connecting the cable, you’ll need to make a few adjustments. Turn on your television and navigate to the menu using the physical buttons on the remote.Because not all Vizio televisions have a physical menu button, this has a limitation. So, you won’t be able to use this method if you don’t have this on your television.
- You must select the home network option from the menu. You will then select a wired network as the connection type.
- That’s all. After that, your Vizio television should be connected to the internet or Wi-Fi.
This is a useful method, but it is not for everyone. You can only do it if your TV has an ethernet port on the back and physical menu buttons. But don’t worry if you don’t have them; I have another solution.
2. USING A UNIVERSAL REMOTE
Do you lack a universal remote? I strongly advise you to get one as soon as possible. Universal remote controls are the best backup to your emergencies when you lose or break your actual remote because they are such a great help when you are in desperate need.
So, the procedure is straightforward: obtain a universal remote and program it to function similarly to the original Vizio smart tv remote. You must use the same settings as you did with the original remote.
Turn on your television, go to the menu, and select Network Settings. While you’re doing this, make sure your Wi-Fi is turned on. Now, start the network scan on your television, and it should display the name of your Wi-Fi network. Choose it, enter your password, and you’re done; you’re connected.
I mean, once you have the remote in your hand, it’s pretty simple. So, even if you lose your original remote, make sure you have a universal remote at home because it will come in handy not only in this case, but in many others as well.
If you are unable to use the first method due to incompatibility, you can try the second. However, if you use the first method, you may need to learn something else. You will still need to control your television once you connect to the internet. How would you do that if you didn’t have a remote?
There is, however, a straightforward and simple solution. All you need is a smartphone and an app for that. Do you want to learn more? So, let’s get started.
Using Vizio TV Without the Remote (From your smartphone)
It makes no difference whether you have an Android or an iOS device. Because the Vizio smart cast app is compatible with both platforms. Yes, you can use this app to control your television and take your viewing experience to the next level. Here’s how to get started with this:
- First and foremost, you must download the Vizio smart cast app from the Google Play or App Store.
- Then, launch the app, and you’ll notice a control button at the bottom of the home screen. Tap on that.
- You should see a device option in the top right corner of the screen. There will be a listing of your device there. Before you begin, make sure your television is connected to Wi-Fi or the internet.
- Then, from the list, select your television.
- When you connect to your TV using the app, the app’s control panel will transform into a TV remote. Then you can use it like a regular remote control.
- For an added bonus, you can access the movement screen by swiping on your phone. As a remote control, this will function as a directional pad.
You won’t need a remote control to operate your television this way. It’s a useful feature, so knowing about it can come in handy when you’re in a pinch.
Connect Vizio TV to WiFi without a Remote
To begin, turn on your TV and then reset it by simultaneously pressing VOLUME DOWN and INPUT on your TV for 5 seconds. When prompted, hold down the INPUT button for ten seconds. Then, insert your keyboard into the USB port and finish the setup process with your keyboard.
Connect a USB keyboard to your Vizio TV
The first step is to factory reset your Vizio TV; since you don’t have a remote, you’ll have to use the buttons on your TV directly.
These buttons will be on the right or left side, or directly beneath your TV screen, depending on the model.
Start by turning on your TV and then pressing and holding the VOLUME DOWN and INPUT buttons at the same time for about 5 seconds.
A prompt will eventually appear on the screen instructing you to press the INPUT button for 10 seconds.
After 10 seconds, your TV should start resetting.
Now that your Vizio TV has been reset, plug in your USB keyboard into the back of the TV. The keyboard can be wired or wireless, and both will function.
To finish the setup, use the keyboard! When you get to the network setup screen, enter your WiFi network name and password, and you should be all set.
Connect an ethernet cable to your router and Vizio TV
If you don’t have a USB keyboard, perhaps you have an ethernet cable.
Many Vizio televisions include ethernet ports on the back. Check to see if yours does. If so, continue reading!
To connect your Vizio TV to the internet via an ethernet cable, follow these steps:
- Connect one end of the ethernet cable to an ethernet port on your Vizio TV.
- Connect the other end of the ethernet cable to your router.
- At this point, you can turn the TV off and on again by pressing the POWER button on the back of the TV. Your television should now recognize the wired connection.
- That’s all there is to it; you should now be connected to the internet!
This method of connection is really dependent on whether or not your router is close to your TV. If not, you’ll need a very long ethernet cable, which may or may not be worth it.
If this does not work for you, continue reading.
Use a universal remote
If you don’t have a USB keyboard or an ethernet cable, perhaps you have an old universal remote?
If so, you’re in business. Simply follow these steps to get connected to the internet:
- The most important step is to ensure that your internet is turned on and operational.
- Then switch on your Vizio TV.
- Set up your universal remote according to the instructions for Vizio brand TVs (a specific code is required).
- Go to MENU with the universal remote.
- Then click on NETWORK.
- Your Vizio TV will start looking for WiFi networks in the area.
- Choose your network from the drop-down menu, and then enter your WiFi password.
Wrap up connecting Vizio Tv to wifi without remote
Overall, you now know how to connect a Vizio TV to Wi-Fi without using a remote. You also understand what you can do with it. Once you’ve connected your television to the internet, you can use the app to control it, eliminating the need for a remote.
This is ideal for short-term or emergency use. Don’t rely entirely on this feature, and get a remote control from Vizio support as soon as possible.
Because none of these features can replace the convenience of remote control, they are only useful for passing the time until you get the remote. As a result, don’t rely too heavily on this feature.
FAQs on Connect Vizio TV to Wifi without Remote
Why won’t my Vizio TV connect to WiFi?
On the Vizio remote, press the Menu button, then select Network > Manual Setup > DHCP. If DHCP is turned off, press the right arrow to enable it. If it is set to ON, press the right arrow once to turn it off, then once more to turn it on. Reboot the router, modem, and television.
Why can’t my TV find my WiFi?
To connect your TV to WiFi, try the following simple methods:
Enter the TV menu – SETTINGS – GENERAL – NETWORK – NETWORK STATUS – NETWORK RESET to update the firmware on your TV to the most recent version. Turn off all firewalls as a test to ensure that this isn’t causing any problems. Return to the TV and attempt to connect to WIFI.
What is this SSID?
The SSID (Service Set Identifier), also known as Network ID, is the name of your wireless network that is visible to anyone with a wireless device within range of your network. It is recommended that you create a password so that not just anyone can connect to your network.
When it comes to our homes, one of the most important things is the safety and security of our belongings. Whether you own your home or you're renting, personal property insurance can provide you...
There's no denying that renting a place comes with its advantages - no mortgage, no property taxes, and flexibility to move around when needed. However, one aspect that often gets overlooked is the...