Check out our full 2018 programme below, 2019 info coming soon!
Electric Fields welcomes adults and kids alike! We’ve got something for everyone, jam-packed with an abundance of family-friendly activities, music and above all, an atmosphere to boot! We’re determined to make sure that everyone has the greatest time at Electric Fields and leaves with the best memories of the summer, so we’re looking to make it as safe and simple as possible for you and your little ones…
What is there to entertain the kids then?
We have plenty of fun activities and enjoyable entertainment on offer for kids; even more than previous years!
- The Adventure Playground – Drumlanrig Castles’s famous adventure playground is free to all ticket holders, with aerial swings, climbing frames, zip-wire and loads more!
- Daffy Dill Magic Shows
- Zoo Lab – the UKs number 1 animal handling experience!
Ultimate Dance Effect – Dance workshops to get those moves sorted for the weekend’s ahead
Fairy Bod Mother Fitness Academy
Bumble Bee Sports
The Art Room – Art Workshops
Wee Mousie Drama Workshop – release your little one’s inner Di Caprio.
- Fun With Drumlanrig’s Ranger Team– Family fun games with an environmental twist in the castle gardens on Saturday morning, with workshops in the afternoon.
- The Road Runner Children’s Entertainer!
- Giant Games – play with a range of giant games including Jenga, Connect 4, Archery!
- Clayworks Studio – Pottery and clay making workshops!
- Graffiti Walls – Unleash your kids inner Banksy!
- Facepainting, Glitter Tattoos, Balloon Modelling and Storytime!
- More Than a Party Kids Disco’s – Why should the adults have all the fun?? A series of disco’s just for kids will be taking place all day. You can send in requests pre-festival so the kids can rest assured their jam will be playing!
- Glasgow Science Centre presents… BodyWorks On Tour – Fitlab Exhibits!
This pulse-raising, interdisciplinary experience will let your participants explore endurance, strength, agility, speed and coordination through a range of zoned exhibits.
- Major Minor Music Club – this excellent new gig series is put together by true music lovers for younger people to experience music in a true gigging environment! Past guests have included Admiral Fallow and Frightened Rabbit’s Scott Hutchison, and the lineup for the Electric Fields extravaganza is mouth watering, and a secret!
For the really wee ones, we have private covered areas for baby changing and feeding if needs be.
How much will it cost me?
Tickets for those under 16 are much cheaper then adult weekend tickets!
- 13-15 is £45 for the weekend
- 6-12 is £20
- 0-5 is FREE!
Do we have to walk miles when we get there? ‘cos the little ones aren’t gonna like that…
Not at all! The car park/bus drop off point is just over the road from the camp site, less then two minutes away. There will be people on hand to help you with your bags if your hands are full as well!
The campsite, is there an area just for us family folks?
There is indeed! Returning for 2018 we have a completely separate field for family camping, right beside the massive adventure playground and a 5 minute walk from the main arena.
And the distance to the festival site?
Again, don’t you worry about any long marches! A five minute walk and you’ll be in the heart of the festival. This is up a very slight hill, but most of the route is on a hard standing pathway.
Rest assured that them, and YOU will have a great time!